The apple cider adds a rich taste of fall and helps reduce the fat by nearly 95%.
Aurora, CO (PRWEB) November 25, 2014
The University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado is home to the brand new Extreme Weight Loss: Destination Boot Camp transformation weight loss program. Dates for 2015 sessions will be announced soon.
Bistro Elaia provides meals for the "bootcampers" participating in the program and is located in the lobby of the CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center. These recipes were created by resident executive chef Paolo Neville in collaboration with health and wellness center dieticians. The recipes keep all the traditional taste in your holiday feast while trimming fat and calories from the menu.
A typical Thanksgiving meal can come in at a whopping 2- 3,000 calories. From turkey to pumpkin dessert, these five dishes add up to just 714 calories.
- Roasted Garlic & Lemon-Rubbed Turkey: replace butter & basting with a lemon garlic rub
- Apple Cider Gravy: the apple cider adds a rich taste of fall and helps reduce the fat by nearly 95%
- Caramelized Shallot Mashed Potatoes: fat-free Greek yogurt & non-fat buttermilk instead of butter & milk makes this dish completely fat-free
- Vegetable Mushroom Stuffing: cooking in a baking dish instead of inside the turkey, using less bread & adding hearty vegetables reduces calories by 70%
- Frozen Pumpkin Mousse: freezing makes it more fun, fat-free ingredients make it guilt-free
Bistro Elaia at the CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center is Denver and Aurora’s healthy catering choice and offers recipe rehab tips year-round.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center is an innovative, state-of-the-art, research, education and consumer care facility located on the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colorado. The center's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and communities through science-based wellness strategies locally, nationally and internationally. Our research is translated into customized programs and offerings, delivered through our wellness clinic and fitness center. We provide programs in partnership with schools, worksites and community organizations. Our vision is a world empowered by wellness. Learn more at http://www.anschutzwellness.com. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.