Toronto (PRWEB) July 07, 2014
Digital Journal is pleased to announce the appointment of 12 contributors to the new position of Editor-at-Large.
As Editors-at-Large, selected Digital Journalists will be responsible for their specific “beats” in order to further empower and diversity the news scope on DigitalJournal.com. Editors will work closely with the Digital Journal newsroom, suggest news requiring immediate coverage, take part in online editorial board meetings, view beta features of the network, and alert editors about breaking news and important feature stories gaining traction in their own country.
Editors-at-Large will play a key role in propelling digital media news content to the millions of people who read Digital Journal each month.
Reports written by our Editors-at-Large will also be prominently promoted via our social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram.
Who are these Editors-at-Large and which fields will they cover for DigitalJournal.com?
Below is a list of newly appointed Digital Journalists achieving Editor-at-Large designations, with their field of interest in (brackets):
Tim Sandle (Science) - Tim is a UK-based microbiologist, specializing in healthcare and general science. He has published several books on microbiology and has written on medical marijuana for The Medical Marijuana Review.
- Brett Wilkins (U.S. News) – Brett, based in California, has been a Yahoo! Featured Political Contributor and regularly writes on breaking news and social justice-related issues for Digital Journal.
- Arthur Weinreb (Crime) – As a former lawyer with 25 years of experience, Arthur brings an important skill set to his role as crime reporter on Digital Journal. Starting in 1996 he was a columnist for the Toronto Free Press. He is also the author of the book Racism and the Death of Trayvon Martin.
- Jonathan Farrell (California) – A San Francisco-based journalist, Jonathan provides readers with an intimate view of California news and societal trends. His work has also been published in The San Francisco Chronicle, the Mission Dispatch, the Castro Courier and the Sunset Beacon.
- Robert Myles (EU) – Passionate about all things European, Robert closely covers the political headlines impacting Europe today. Based in France, Robert has covered news ranging from D-Day memorials to Scottish independence to terrorist attacks.
- Karen Graham (Environment) – Climate change, environmental degradation, animal rights…Those topics are all heavily covered by Karen, a Virginia native reporting on environment news from around the world.
- Joe Duarte (Driving) – Joe has been writing about cars since 1987. He worked as the editor of World of Wheels magazine, headed Canadian Tire’s Auto Club magazine Autoroute and wrote a bi-weekly column on family vehicles for the Toronto Sun before joining the daily newspaper’s Autonet portal as content manager.
- Sarah Gopaul (Film) - A long-time film enthusiast, Sarah earned a Bachelor of Journalism from Ryerson University and a Bachelor of Arts in Film Studies at York University. She served as the Editor-in-Chief of Pop-journalism, a national, online entertainment magazine, for two years. She regularly attends film festivals such as the Toronto International Film Festival and The Hot Docs Film Festival.
- Markos Papadatos (Music) – Profiles, Q&As, reviews and album previews are the main focus of this music journalist’s repertoire for Digital Journal. Markos has interviewed some of the biggest names in music including Dolly Parton, Aerosmith, Megadeth, Emmylou Harris, Hank Williams Jr., Connie Smith, Lynn Anderson, Martina McBride, Rascal Flatts, and many more.
- Tyrrell Meertins (Soccer) – With knowledge of both North American and international soccer squads, Tyrrell is Digital Journal’s go-to expert on all things footy. He also contributes to the blogs Soccerly and beIN SPORTS.
- Leo Reyes (Boxing) – If you want to learn everything you need to know about the boxing scene, Leo Reyes is your Digital Journalist to follow. He is also the editor and publisher of RingLive Sports, a popular boxing and basketball news site, and is a columnist for Bleacher Report.
- Paul Wallis (Op-Ed) – No matter the news topic, Paul Wallis can offer his insight into the issue with depth and intelligence. Based in Sydney, Australia, Paul has published more than 12 e-books available on Amazon. He is also one of the longest-standing members of the Digital Journal network.
“The Digital Journal community takes an important step forward with the promotion of these talented contributors,” said David Silverberg, Editor-in-Chief of Digital Journal. “We are excited to work closely with the new Editors-at-Large to help us further cement Digital Journal’s authority and international presence and provide readers with timely and interesting content reported by specialists in their field.”
To schedule an interview or to learn more about Digital Journal’s Editor-at-Large program, please contact David Silverberg, Editor-in-Chief, at silverberg(at)digitaljournal(dot)com.
About Digital Journal
Digital Journal is a global publishing network with thousands of members and content creators in 200 countries around the world. Reaching an audience of millions of monthly visitors, Digital Journal blends a new media approach with proprietary technology, data and social tool sets to deliver a unique and engaging experience. Digital Journal publishes to multiple platforms, from Web, to mobile apps and tablets, Facebook, Twitter and more.
Follow Digital Journal at http://www.digitaljournal.com and on Twitter, at twitter.com/digitaljournal and on Facebook, at facebook.com/digitaljournal.