The 2014 Venice/Santa Monica Modern Home Tour Comes in 10 Days
Residents of Los Angeles have another rare opportunity to explore a handful of the incredible private residences in Venice Beach and Santa Monica. A + D Museum is the local non-profit partner.
Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) April 23, 2014
The third annual Venice/Santa Monica Modern Home Tour will take place on Saturday, May 3, 2014. Throughout the day, tourgoers will have the rare chance to see the inside of some amazing private homes in the Venice Beach and Santa Monica neighborhoods of Los Angeles. Attendees will learn from homeowners what it’s like to live in a modern home and find out where the architects got their inspiration - directly from the source. The tour is self-guided and self-driven, allowing guests to explore these modern treasures at their own pace.
The A + D Architecture and Design Museum> Los Angeles (https://aplusd.org) has been selected as the benefitting non-profit partner for the 2014 Venice Beach Modern Home Tour. They will help staff the event in exchange for a donation and opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle.
The homes on this year’s Venice/Santa Monica Modern Home Tour include:
- An amazing home designed by Deborah Richmond Architects that offers an office on the lower floor, and an upper apartment with views of Los Angeles’s Westside, including the Getty Museum, Santa Monica Mountains and Marina del Rey, all from the deck.
- A gorgeous addition and complete renovation, by Coscia Day Architecture, to an existing 1980′s box that now opens 3-sides of the living area via pivoting and multi-sliding doors and features a new 3rd floor to take advantage of the ocean views.
- A wonderful home, designed by Ortiz Mexia Projects, Inc., that was inspired by the family’s life adventures and personal desires, and then composed of materials and systems chosen for elegant simplicity, and endurance.
- An incredible home in Santa Monica, designed by Shubin + Donaldson Architects, that not only produces more electricity than it can consume (very green living!), but also instigates new forms of interaction and connectivity within the family thanks to one large room for living, eating, making and talking – and no TV!
- A gigantic Santa Monica residential compound, built in 1979, that features two complete residences: a 4-bedroom home with an open contemporary floor plan, and a 3-bedroom home with high ceilings and great views of the area. This home is currently on the market for $3.48 million.
Participating homes in the 2014 Venice/Santa Monica Modern Home Tour
will open their doors for viewing from 11 a.m.– 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 3rd, throughout neighboring Venice Beach and Santa Monica in Los Angeles. All are invited to attend. Kids under 12 are free (when accompanying their parents). Tickets for the tour are just $25 in advance online; $30 on the day of the tour. For more details and to buy tickets, visit http://modernhometours.com/event/venice
About Modern Home Tours, LLC: Based in Austin, Texas, Modern Home Tours, LLC was founded by partners Matt Swinney & James Leasure in 2010 to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the Modern Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!