Together, APIs, integration and service-oriented architecture work as a unified triad.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) February 12, 2014
Together, APIs, integration and service-oriented architecture (SOA) work as a unified triad: RESTful APIs connect internal and external business participants. Integration bridges silos. SOA encourages the building of maintainable solutions. WSO2 will help IT architects and developers to implement these best practices in the workshop, “API, Integration, and SOA Convergence.”
In the half-day hands-on workshop, WSO2 technology experts will demonstrate how to rapidly implement a RESTful design, enforce governance policies, safely scale solutions, orchestrate complex interaction sequences, and reuse assets with WSO2 API, SOA, and integration platform products. The workshop is being held from 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. in three locations:
- San Francisco, Thursday, February 20, 2014. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2014-february-san-francisco-api-integration-soa-convergence-workshop.
- Atlanta, Thursday, February 20, 2014. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2014-february-atlanta-api-integration-soa-convergence-workshop.
- Dallas, Thursday, February 27, 2014. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2014-february-dallas-api-integration-soa-convergence-workshop.
Transforming the Integration Process
The workshop is designed for integration developers, IT managers and architects seeking to transform their integration processes. It will begin by exploring why mobile, cloud services, and big data insights are transforming integration practices. The session also will review patterns and best practices for increasing adoption, speeding delivery, and creating maintainable solutions. Additionally, the workshop will discuss how to realize a reference architecture for API, integration and SOA.
Workshop product demonstration sessions will include how to:
- Build RESTful APIs with WSO2 Application Server and WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (WSO2 ESB).
- Share master data with WSO2 Data Services Server.
- Mediate, transform and route messages with WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (WSO2 ESB).
- Encourage mobile interactions with WSO2 API Manager.
- Monitor RESTful APIs, service usage and adoption with WSO2 API Manager, WSO2 ESB toolkits, and WSO2 Business Activity Monitor.
Presenting the Atlanta and Dallas workshops will be WSO2 Vice President of Platform Evangelism Chris Haddad. He works closely with developers, architects, and C-level executives to increase WSO2 technology adoption, improve the middleware platform, and maximize customer value. Prior to joining WSO2, Chris led research teams as a research vice president at the Burton Group and Gartner advising Fortune 500 enterprise organizations and technology infrastructure vendors.
Leading the San Francisco workshop will be Chintana Wilamuna, WSO2 architect on the WSO2 solution architecture team, focusing on infrastructure development. In addition to his product development efforts, Chintana has provided technology consulting on customer engagements, including architectural guidance, integration of Web services, print process automation, and online management solutions. Previously, he served as a committer on the Apache Stonehenge SOA interoperability project.
WSO2 is the only company that provides a completely integrated enterprise application platform for enabling a business to build and connect APIs, applications, Web services, iPaaS, PaaS, software as a service and legacy connections without having to write code; using big data and mobile; and fostering reuse through a social enterprise store. Only with WSO2 can enterprises use a family of governed secure solutions built on the same code base to extend their ecosystems across the cloud and on mobile devices to employees, customers and partners in anyway they like. Hundreds of leading enterprise customers across every sector—health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more—in every region of the world rely on WSO2’s award-winning, 100% open source platform for their mission-critical applications. To learn more, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.