IT developers face a dual challenge as they are tasked with practicing agile development while managing a growing roster of tools.
Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) March 19, 2014
Today, IT developers face a dual challenge as they are tasked with practicing agile development while managing a growing roster of tools to support the application lifecycle. To help developers address this challenge, WSO2 has published a new white paper that discusses best practices for strengthening enterprise application development and management using the WSO2 platform.
Application Lifecycle Management with the WSO2 Platform
"WSO2 Platform Offerings for Developers," was written by WSO2 Vice President of Developer Evangelism Samisa Abeysinghe. The white paper discusses the characteristics to consider when choosing development tools and infrastructure to take data to screens. Among these are time to market, agility to develop, ease with which to amend and upgrade (i.e. maintainability), extensibility, and testability. The paper then looks at how the WSO2 platform addresses these considerations.
- WSO2 Application Server to effectively manage deployment and the DevOps lifecycle, highlighting support for Apache JAX-WS and JAX-RS APIs, Apache Axis2 and Apache CXF Web services, and Java EE Web profile-based specifications.
- WSO2 Data Services Server to rapidly generate services and make data sources such as relational database management systems, NoSQL databases, comma-separated values (CSV) files, and Google spreadsheets more accessible.
- WSO2 User Engagement Server to build graphical dashboards for dynamic Web applications.
- WSO2 API Manager to expose in-house IT assets, such as APIs, to the outside world from Web, mobile or desktop applications.
- WSO2 Developer Studio for developing various application types to be hosted with the WSO2 platform.
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (WSO2 ESB) to support cloud connectors, which allow message flows to connect to and interact with cloud services APIs, such as Twitter and Salesforce.com.
- WSO2 App Factory for cloud-enabled provisioning of application development projects and managing development, testing, deployment and DevOps in a unified manner.
The new white paper can be downloaded at http://wso2.com/whitepapers/wso2-whitepaper-wso2-Platform-offerings-for-developers.
About the Author
Samisa Abeysinghe is WSO2 vice president of developer evangelism. Previously, Samisa led the development of WSO2’s cloud and middleware platforms as vice president of engineering. Prior to WSO2, Samisa brought more than a decade of experience working for systems integrators and software vendors with global exposure. He is a longtime Apache Web Services project committer, and initiated the Apache Axis2/C project. In addition to several published articles, Samisa has authored two books, RESTful PHP Web Services and PHP Team Development.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning, 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.