WACO, Texas (PRWEB) January 19, 2015
Most people associate pollution with the outdoors. Yet, surprisingly, the air inside homes and offices is often two to five times more polluted than outdoor air. According to the experts at Rainbow International, addressing indoor air quality issues and having air ducts cleaned can help improve personal health, reduce utility bills and create a cleaner environment for breathing.
Causes of poor indoor air quality include:
- Homes are built airtight today to reduce energy waste, but too little ventilation may also trap pollutants inside, allowing them to accumulate to dangerous levels.
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are generated indoors from some building materials and furniture items, lowering the quality of indoor air.
- Contaminants can be circulated throughout the home or office in unclean air ducts, including bacteria, mold spores, fungus, pollen, pet dander and dust mites.
Benefits of air duct cleaning include:
- Eliminates accumulated dust and debris, improving air quality and reducing health risks that were caused by the polluted air.
- Reduces the amount of built-up dust on surfaces inside a building, as the air ducts are no longer transferring dust throughout the home or office.
- Cuts energy costs because the heating and cooling system works more efficiently. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says that a buildup of only .042 inches of dust in ductwork can decrease heating and cooling efficiency by more than 20 percent.
Review these tips to improve the indoor air you breathe:
- Increase ventilation by opening windows and running the exhaust fan, especially when cooking, cleaning or painting.
- Pay attention to the signs of indoor air pollution: irritated eyes, nose and throat, headache, fatigue and dizziness.
- Decrease humidity by running a dehumidifier to make an environment where mold, mildew and dust mites are less likely to live.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals with harmful fumes. Instead, choose nontoxic cleaning products.
- Keep smoke outside by never smoking and avoiding burning candles indoors.
- Change the furnace filter regularly and choose a high-efficiency filter that can trap the smallest particles.
Property owners can expect Rainbow International’s technicians to inspect the system for contaminants, vacuum out the ductwork, brush off dust surfaces, remove animal nests and evidence of pests, and seal and insulate ductwork to increase efficiency and reduce utility costs. Call Rainbow International’s at 888-RAINBOW to improve air quality and lead a healthier life.