"Publishers talk to each other about what is working, and BiblioBoard is working,"said Biblioboard Founder and Chief Business Officer
(PRWEB) January 27, 2015
In advance of the 2015 ALA Midwinter Meeting, BiblioBoard announces more publishers added to their PatronsFirst™ mobile platform. BiblioBoard now offers over 100,000 eBooks, millions of pages of curated historical archives and a growing library of images, audio and video. Patrons enjoy multi-user access to all content on the award-winning native apps for personal devices and the web without frustrating turnaways or waitlists.
BiblioBoard founder and Chief Business Officer Mitchell Davis believes the most recent publisher additions are reflective of the fact that the new model works not only for libraries and patrons but also for publishers. "Publishers talk to each other about what is working, and BiblioBoard is working."
Just some of the dozens of publishers recently signed on with BiblioBoard are:
- Dark Horse Comics: One of the most critically acclaimed and popular comic and graphic novel publishers, Dark Horse's collection boasts books featuring familiar names such as Sin City, 300, Hellboy, Aliens vs. Predator, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and more.
- Dynamite Comics: Dynamite is consistently ranked in the upper tiers of comic book publishers and is home to several best-selling series including The Boys, The Shadow, Red Sonja, Bionic Man and more.
- Rourke Educational Media: Rourke brings together illustrators, photographers and educators to create age-appropriate children's books that meet curriculum standards.
- Spotted Owl Press: BiblioBoard introduces Spotted Owl Press' wide selection of cheerful toddlers and children's books that allow young readers to learn while developing basic technological skills.
- Wolters Kluwer Health: The Wolters Kluwer textbooks that students and professionals have long relied on as health and medical reference tools are now available in a mobile digital format.
- Stash Media: Stash Media shares outstanding video design tutorials and projects for commercial production, short films and more. Their video collection shows not only the final products but also the behind-the-scenes process to producing such visually stunning creations.
- Indie Rock Stars: Read bestsellers from self-published authors including Hugh Howey's best-selling Silo series (including Wool) and other titles that have sold millions from authors such as Barbara Freethy, CJ Lyons, Jasinda Wilder and dozens more.
- China Books: With eye-opening nonfiction and fiction content, China Books gives readers insight into the country's rich culture, history and economy.
- African Books Collective: For 20 years, African Books Collective has sought to increase the visibility of African scholarship and culture through indigenous African publishing. Readers can explore African heritage and culture or titles written by notable African authors.
- Red Ediciones: Part of BiblioBoard's comprehensive Foreign Language catalog, Red Ediciones, whose books are published in Spanish, includes collections focusing on history, theater, religion, poetry, politics and biographies.
Many libraries select BiblioBoard thanks to its affordable pricing for in-demand publisher content, which can be purchased as an annual subscription or as a perpetual sale. "This sales model is unique and in high demand," says Davis, "Libraries have limited budgets but limitless goals for creating amazing digital experiences for their patrons. We are proud to bring publishers and libraries together to provide patrons desirable collections in the most convenient, affordable and modern way. "
BiblioBoard is the PatronsFirst™ mobile library. The folks behind BiblioBoard are a powerful team based in Charleston, SC. They aim to transform access to information by providing a world-class user experience that thrills library patrons and is profitable for publishers. BiblioBoard is moving library content delivery into the future in a sustainable way. BiblioBoard, used by nearly 2,000 libraries and in three statewide eBook projects, reaches 15 million patrons. BiblioBoard has won numerous design and product awards including the 2014 Modern Library Award.
Vice President Digital Products