Farmingdale, New York (PRWEB) February 09, 2015
A four-day PBA 50 Tour with legendary bowling champions makes for a striking tournament as Farmingdale Lanes — which is part of the Maple Family Centers chain of bowling venues located at 999 Conklin Street in Farmingdale — hosts Long Island’s first PBA 50 Tournament entitled the “PBA 50 Johnny Petraglia BVL Farmingdale Open” on Saturday, May 2 through Tuesday, May 5. The event brings the thrills of watching and playing with the Pros while raising funds for the Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL), a not for profit organization that helps support America’s heroes in uniform.
The PBA 50 Johnny Petraglia BVL Farmingdale Open promises four packed days of an elite bowling experience. Many PBA Pros are expected to participate in the event including Tom Baker, Parker Bohn III, Norm Duke, Amleto Monacelli, Johnny Petraglia, Randy Petersen and Pete Weber.
“We are very excited to be able to host a PBA event especially with the fundraising tie-in with BVL— it is a double win,” said Maple Family Centers Operations Manger James Simone, who is also chairperson of the event. “The event is broken into four days and we hope to make a goal of raising $75,000 for BVL —thus far $20,000 has been raised leading up to the event, thanks to our generous bowlers.”
The four-day event schedule of events includes:
- Saturday, May 2: The ProAm Tournament where amateur bowlers bowl three games with three different Pro bowlers for a prize, while raising funds for BVL. Two sessions are open to the bowling public, which are 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Basic Junior entry (kids 18 years and under) is $39.99 or $149.99 with the Johnny Petraglia BVL LT 48 Ball; and Adults are $59.99 or $169.99 with the Johnny Petraglia BVL LT 48 Ball.
- Sunday, May 3 and Monday, May 4: These two all-day events will delight all sports enthusiasts and the community as they watch the Professional bowlers play against each other for a chance to play in the finals (Tuesday, May 5). The Pros will be playing from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 5: The top five Pro bowlers vie against each other during Match Playing at 10 a.m. which leads to the Step Ladder Final for The at 7.p.m.
“It is a complete honor to have our lanes graced by such renowned bowlers for this four-day event,” said John LaSpina, owner of Maple Family Centers. “Personally knowing Johnny Petraglia, who is a veteran of the Vietnam War, we couldn’t be more pleased to be supporting our veterans through the BVL — this is just a wonderful thing that came together.”
The community is encouraged to come to Farmingdale Lanes and cheer on and watch all bowlers. Ticket prices are:
- $10 for ProAm Tournament on Saturday
- $10 for Qualifying Squads on Sunday & Monday
- $20 for Match Playing; $30 for Step Ladder Finals, both on Tuesday.
- A VIP ticket is $50 and that gives holder a full access pass to all events.
**A portion of all proceeds go to Bowlers to Veterans Link (BVL)**
For more information about the PBA 50 Johnny Petraglia BVL Farmingdale Open, contact James Simone at 718-591-0600.
About Maple Family Centers
Maple Family Centers is a Long Island-based, family-owned chain of five bowling centers stretching from Queens, Nassau and Suffolk counties and Clearwater, Florida. Maple Family Centers are actively involved in charity and their events have helped raise more than $500,000 for local charities over the last few years.