The members of our boards and councils play an essential role in not only guiding the direction and focus of the Institute, but also are leaders who are shaping the global conversation on the healthcare experience.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) February 03, 2015
Reinforcing its commitment to expand the global conversation on experience in healthcare across the continuum of care, The Beryl Institute welcomes new members to its Executive Board, Advisory Board and Resource Advisory Council. Representing both international and cross-continuum perspectives, with an extended focus to long-term care, these individuals bring critical insights and valuable experiences to guide the Institute forward as the independent, central voice and global community of practice for experience improvement. These boards and councils, along with the Institute’s Global Patient and Family Advisory Council, provide thoughtful and critical guidance to the organization.
Executive board members advise the Institute on strategy, growth opportunities and future plans, and provide valuable insight into market and industry trends. New executive board members include:
- Joanne Carrocino, FACHE, President & CEO, Cape Regional Medical Center, Cape May Court House, N.J.
- Neil Churchill, Director – Domain 4 – Improving Patient Experience, NHS England, London, England
- Mary Malone, President, Malone Advisory Services, South Bend, Ind.
- Airica Steed, Ed.D, MBA, RN, Enterprise Chief Experience Officer, University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System, Chicago, Ill.
- Audrey S. Weiner, DSW, MPH, President and CEO, Jewish Home Lifecare, New York, N.Y.
Advisory board members ensure the Institute maintains its focus on the topics of greatest importance to healthcare leaders and has a finger on the pulse of the critical issues influencing patient experience efforts. New advisory board members include:
- Tena Alonzo, Director of Education and Research, Beatitudes Campus, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Susan Haufe, Administrative Director, Patient Relations & Service, Virginia Mason Health System, Seattle, Wash.
- Patrick Ratchford, Vice President, Patient Experience, Carolinas HealthCare System, Charlotte, N.C.
In addition, Steve Shields, President and CEO, ActionPact LLC, Manhattan, Kans., joins the Resource Advisory Council, which complements the Institute’s boards by ensuring a breadth of innovative insights from the healthcare marketplace to inform the strategic direction and resource offerings of the Institute.
“The members of our boards and councils play an essential role in not only guiding the direction and focus of the Institute, but also are leaders who are shaping the global conversation on the healthcare experience,” said Jason Wolf, President, The Beryl Institute. “We are honored to have such a respected group of individuals committed to our work and the experience movement overall.”
To view the full list of members and learn more about The Beryl Institute’s Patient Experience boards and councils, visit: http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=BOARDSCOUNCILS.
About The Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice and premier thought leader on improving patient experience in healthcare. The Beryl Institute serves as an independent, non vendor or provider-related community dedicated to bringing together the many voices, views and perspectives on improving the patient experience.
The Institute defines the patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.