The men and women of our armed forces are nothing short of heroic in their everyday duties," said Tatum. "My trip with the USO was a once in a lifetime window into the sacrifice and duty that these brave soldiers and their families devote every day...
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) February 11, 2015
Channing Tatum, Adam Rodriguez and Nick Zano return stateside after wrapping up the USO’s first entertainment tour to Afghanistan in 2015. The six-day handshake tour also marked the first USO experience for the trio, who spent quality time with more than 1,500 troops and even met U.S. Ambassador of Afghanistan P. Michael McKinley and General John F. Campbell, among other dignitaries and military leaders. ***Link to USO photos below.***
- The trio kicked off their tour in the Middle East on Feb. 4 - the USO’s 74th anniversary of supporting, honoring and creating moments for troops and military families stationed around the world. The group then flew to seven remote military bases via Blackhawks and C130s, where they participated in base tours, visited the USO Center at Bagram Airfield East, took a trip to the U.S. Embassy of Kabul, met with the Army Veterinary Corps and even spent time visiting medical staff at Craig Joint Theater Hospital at Bagram Airfield.
- Tatum, Rodriguez and Zano wrapped up their moment-filled USO tour by taking a flight line tour of an F-16 military aircraft and attending one of several military working dog demonstrations, among other activities.
- Born in Alabama, Tatum has starred in box-office hits, "Magic Mike," "21 Jump Street, "22 Jump Street," "Dear John," and "The Vow." He most recently starred in the critically acclaimed “Foxcatcher.” Upcoming, Tatum will star in the highly anticipated “Magic Mike XXL” which will be released on July 1, 2015 as well Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” and “Hail, Caesar!” opposite USO tour veteran Scarlett Johansson.
- Adam Rodriguez is best known for his role as ‘Eric Delko’ on the internationally acclaimed CBS crime drama, “CSI: Miami.” This summer, he can be seen in the highly anticipated, “MAGIC MIKE XXL,” a sequel to the 2012 “MAGIC MIKE,” which he also starred in. Rodriguez’s past feature credits include, “ABOUT LAST NIGHT” featuring Kevin Hart, and Tyler Perry’s “I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF.” He previously co-starred in CBS drama pilot, “Reckless,” ABC’s “Ugly Betty,” and landed a recurring role on the Fox comedy “The Goodwin Games." Rodriguez recently joined the cast of NBC's hit show “The Night Shift,” which returns for a second season on Feb. 23, 2015.
- Zano has appeared on some of television’s most memorable shows, including CBS’ “2 Broke Girls,” ABC’s “Happy Endings,” and TBS’ “Cougar Town,” among others. Zano was recently cast as the male lead in Liz Feldman and Ellen DeGeneres’ new NBC comedy series “One Big Happy" – which premieres March 17 at 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. CT.
- An ongoing USO tradition of bringing famous faces, like Tatum, Rodriguez and Zano, to visit troops stationed around the world – the USO deployed 94 celebrity entertainers on 54 tours to 17 countries and 33 states in 2014, and entertained more than 276,477 troops and military families. Nine of those tours were to a combat zone.
- The USO’s “Every Moment Counts” invites Americans to join the trio in honoring, saluting and creating moments for our nation’s troops and their families this year. The campaign centers around the countless every day moments – from family dinners and date nights to children’s births and bedtime stories – that our troops and their families selflessly sacrifice due to their commitment and service to our country. To learn more visit USOmoments.org.
Attributed to Channing Tatum:
“The men and women of our armed forces are nothing short of heroic in their everyday duties. My trip with the USO was a once in a lifetime window into the sacrifice and duty that these brave soldiers and their families devote every day to. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the experience. Safe travels home and until then, keep holding it down there and in every other place that flies the stars and stripes.”
Attributed to Adam Rodriguez:
“Getting the chance to visit the troops and show support for them is something I'm enthused and honored to do. This was my first USO tour and I had a blast connecting with them, letting them know how much they're appreciated and bringing a little piece of home their way.”
Attributed to Nick Zano:
“This was my first USO tour and I've never been so proud to be a part of something. After meeting and sharing time with some of the bravest men and women this country has to offer I was humbled and honored.”
Tour Photos: http://bit.ly/1voQ9qx
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson& Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, GEICO, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.