We are thrilled to be hosting Sara Moulton who will sit down for a one on one interview with Ferdinand Metz followed by their cooking demonstration.
New York, NY (PRWEB) February 17, 2015
Sara Moulton, nationally recognized chef, television host, author and educator will join Ferdinand Metz, CMC, President emeritus of the Culinary Institute of America in a Culinary Demonstration on Monday, March 9, 12:30pm – 1:30pm on the show floor of the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York. Chefs Moulton and Metz join an impressive list of chefs who will be on stage during the three day event including Anton Testino, Megan Johnson, Bryan Tsao and others. These live cooking demos are part of the Food Trends Demonstration Theater that will take place throughout the day from Sunday, March 8 through Tuesday, March 10 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City.
“A highlighted feature of the event is the Food Trends Demonstration Theater and this year will be no exception as our featured chefs will present culinary demonstrations and provide audience members with tips on how to incorporate the latest trends into the menu offerings as well as provide delicious samples,” said Ron Mathews, Vice President, Restaurant and Foodservice Events Portfolio. “We are thrilled to be hosting Sara Moulton who will sit down for a one on one interview with Ferdinand Metz followed by their cooking demonstration; it’s certainly going to be a must attend event at this year’s show.”
Sara Moulton, a CIA grad, will join Ferdinand Metz to review highlights from her illustrious 30 year career, including working in restaurants throughout the US and Europe, her mentorship with Julia Child, her positions as Food Editor of Good Morning America and executive chef of Gourmet Magazine, her time on the Food Network, and current role of author of several cookbooks and host of “Sara’s Weeknight Dinners”. Sara will also discuss her involvement with helping women in the industry, including founding the New York Women’s Culinary Alliance. After the interview Ferdinand and Sara will cook one of Sara’s recipes together and Sara will be available for a question and answer session and book signing.
The following is the line-up for the Food Trends Demonstration Theater:
Sunday, March 8
- Chef David Santos is the Executive Chef and Partner at Louro. He has previously worked at Bouley and Per Se and also launched a series of supper clubs, Um Segredo. He's appeared on Fox TV's Good Day New York, CBS New York and more. (11:00 – 11:45 am)
- Celebrity Chef Anton Testino attended the Culinary Institute of America (C.I.A) and has appeared on the Food Network's CHOPPED and Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen. (12:00 – 12:45 pm). Chef Anton will also be presenting on Monday, March 9 at 11 am and on Tuesday, March 10 at 1:00 pm.
- Chef Megan Johnson is the executive chef at Casselula Wine and Cheese Café and Elsewhere. Previously, she has worked at Gramercy Tavern and also competed on Food Network's Chopped. Chef's focus is fresh, local ingredients (1:00 – 1:45 pm).
- Fritz Sonnenschmidt is a Certified Master Chef, author/editor of The Professional Art of Garde Manger, Chairman of the American Academy of Chefs and AAC Hall of Fame Member, Culinary Olympics Gold Medalist, a television personality, and former Culinary Dean at the Culinary Institute of America and Executive Chef at the Sheraton Hotel in NYC. (2:00 – 2:45 pm)
Monday, March 9
- Celebrity Chef Sara Moulton, nationally recognized chef, television host, author and educator and Ferdinand Metz, Certified Master Chef, take the stage together to review Sara’s esteemed and illustrious 30 year career and cook one of her dishes. Book signing and question & answer to follow. (12:30 – 1:30 pm)
- Chef Adin Languille leads the kitchen at David Burke Group's newest NYC establishment as Executive Chef of David Burke fabrick. He is a graduate of Johnson and Wales University and has previously also held a position at Adour by Alain Ducasse. (2:00 – 2:45)
- Olivia Roskowski is a currently a full-time instructor at Natural Gourmet Institute. Previously she has worked at The Mercer Kitchen and Momofuku Ssam Bar. Olivia is a master at root-to-frond cooking and will be presenting Meatless Monday Demonstration - Springtime Edamame & Black Quinoa Sliders with Avocado, Sprouts & Crispy Shallots. (3:00 – 3:45)
Tuesday, March 10
- Chef Robert Valencia’s background includes positions at restaurants spanning both the East and West coasts. As Great Performances’ Executive Pastry Chef, Robert will lend his expertise to all of the private events that Great Performances oversees, including Jazz at Lincoln Center, the Apollo Theater, and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. Chef Robert will present Local New York Ingredient Demonstration in conjunction with the Farm to City Expo - New York 5 Grain Sourdough Rye Toast & Katchkie Farm Rhubarb Jam (11:00 – 11:45am)
- Chef Brian Tsao is the Executive Chef at Mira Sushi & Izakaya and has created a menu highlighting Chinese, Korean, Malaysian, Japanese and American cuisines. He is a CIA grad and has previously worked at Telepan. Chef Brian appeared on Beat Bobby Flay and bested Bobby Flay with his Beef Bulgogi Tacos. (12:00 – 12:45)
- Chef Barret Beyer has competed in a cook off challenge against Robert Irvine, on Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen and on Food Network's Kitchen Casino. (2:00 – 2:45)
- Jason Walker & Rosanna Di Michele will present Tea and Food - Exploring Pairings of Italian Food with Italian Tea. (3:00 - 3:45)
About the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York
The 22nd Annual event will be held Sunday, March 8 – Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. The show will bring together thousands of foodservice, restaurant and hospitality professionals from New York State, and will feature more than 500 leading vendors, accompanying the Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum education sessions and buzz building special events. The show is owned and produced by Urban Expositions, and sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association, a member of the National Restaurant Association. For more information on exhibiting or attending, visit the official Show website at http://www.internationalrestaurantny.com.
# # #