NAFA's ability to advocate, educate and promote the value of fixed annuities is only made possible through the dedication and contributions of its board of directors and very active committees.
Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) February 25, 2015
The National Association for Fixed Annuities (NAFA) elected its 2015 board of directors at the association’s annual meeting.
S. Christopher Johnson of National Western Life Insurance Company will assume the role of chair of the NAFA board in replacing Chip Anderson of CreativeOne, who assumes the responsibilities of past chair. Additional officers assuming new roles include: Nathan Zuidema of Imeriti Financial Network as vice chair, and Brian D. Mann of Partners Elite Advisory Group as secretary. Dominic Cursio of Collabrix was elected to the role of treasurer.
The NAFA membership approved an impressive roster of existing and new directors, including:
- Gayle Allen, Assistant Vice President Annuity Sales, North American Company for Life and Health
- Cary Carney, Vice President, Independent Distribution, Voya Financial
- Tony Compton, Chief Technology Officer, Gradient Financial Group
- Christopher S. Conroy, Vice President, National Accounts & Advanced Marketing, CreativeOne
- Rich Lane, National Director of Sales & Marketing, Standard Insurance Co.
- Jim Maietta, Senior Vice President/District Director, Allianz Life Financial Services, LLC
- Rod Mims, SVP & National Sales Manager, Athene Annuity & Life Assurance
- Harry N. Stout, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Insurance Insight Group
- Eric Taylor, Vice President, National Sales Manager, Genworth Financial
- Brian Williams, Chief Operating Officer, FIG Marketing
- Kirby Wood, Chief Marketing Officer, American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company
NAFA recognized the contributions of the exiting board members Mike Ebmeier of Forethought Financial Group, Kris Kattmann of Lincoln Financial Group, John Orrell of Global Atlantic and Jeanne Taylor of EquiTrust Life.
"NAFA continues to be extremely fortunate to have talented and influential leaders who commit significant amounts of their time and effort," noted NAFA Director of Operations, Janet Terpening. Explained Terpening, “The association’s ability to advocate, educate and promote the value of fixed annuities is only made possible through the dedication and contributions of its board of directors and very active committees."
NAFA committees also convened and selected new leadership. The NAFA committee chairs for 2015, include: Education Committee, Roger Bell; Government Relations Committee, Mark Triplett; Insurance Marketing Advisory Committee, Kevin Meyer and Mark Massie; and Membership Committee, Gloria Slaughter and Joe Grecu.
NAFA, the National Association for Fixed Annuities, is an advocacy trade association exclusively dedicated to fixed annuities by educating regulators, legislators, journalists, and industry personnel about the value of fixed annuities and their benefits to consumers. NAFA’s membership represents every aspect of the fixed annuity marketplace covering 85% of fixed annuities sold by independent agents, advisors and brokers. NAFA was founded in 1998.