Camp Mayakoba includes a full roster of individual outdoor activities for the whole family to explore at their leisure, allowing both adults and children to fully immerse themselves in the Mayakoba experience
Riviera Maya, Mexico (PRWEB) March 05, 2015
Surrounded by the natural beauty of wild mangrove forests, lagoons and sugar sand beaches, Mayakoba Resort is offering families a new way to enjoy one of Mother Nature’s most picturesque beach-side playgrounds. This Spring, the property will launch Camp Mayakoba, a collection of new outdoor amenities and programming available to all guests of the resort’s three hotels – Fairmont, Rosewood and Banyan Tree Mayakoba. Young ones can enroll in the new Yucatan Ranger program, a series of organized activities for children and teens – freeing parents to have their own adventure in the romantic destination.
Camp Mayakoba includes a full roster of individual outdoor activities for the whole family to explore at their leisure, allowing both adults and children to fully immerse themselves in the Mayakoba experience:
- Kayaking — Paddle up to six miles of crystal clear waterways throughout Mayakoba’s protected mangrove forests and see more than 200 species of tropical flora and fauna.
- Archery— Compete and shoot with expert instruction from Mayakoba’s resident archers.
- Hiking — Embark on a guided walk or bike ride through the winding Nature Trail within Mayakoba’s tropical jungle. Bring your camera to capture the wildlife that inhabits the property!
- Golf at El Camaleon Golf Course — Home to the annual OHL Classic at Mayakoba, the golf course offers the Jim McLean Golf School for children and adults to learn and master their swing.
- Croquet — A lawn near the golf course welcomes families for a leisurely round of this favorite pastime.
- Tennis — The tennis center features four full-size courts and a paddle court. Lessons are available upon request for an additional fee.
- Traveling on the Mayakoba Connection—Drift away on the Mayakoba Connection, a ferry service that connects the three hotels as well as all Camp Mayakoba activities.
Children aged 12 to 17 have the opportunity to participate in the Yucatan Ranger program, a daylong experience offering an array of group activities that integrate play with learning. Energetic, trained “Camp Rangers” and biologists lead the group and educate young Campers on the various birds and wildlife on property during their journey. The itinerary includes:
9:00 AM: Kayaking on the waterways
10:30 AM: Refreshments
11:00 AM: Jim McLean Golf School experience (includes written evaluation reports with photo of child's golf swing)
11:30 AM: Archery or croquet
12:30 PM: Lunch
2:00 PM: Eco-boat tour guided by a biologist
3:30 PM: Nature Trail walk with biologist
4:30 PM: Ice cream
5:00 PM: Finish
Participants will also receive a complimentary download of the iBird app so they can continue their Ranger education and show off their newfound knowledge back at home. The price for the Yucatan Ranger program is $100 per child.
To support Mayakoba's philanthropic practices to local schools and programs, the resort is offering a 10% discount on Camp Mayakoba activities for families that donate children's books, notebooks, or supplies. The supplies will be donated to Lazos, an organization that aims to transform local schools and support underprivileged students.
For more information or to make a reservation for Camp Mayakoba’s activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Mayakoba, please visit http://www.mayakoba.com.
About MAYAKOBA: Located in the Riviera Maya just 15 minutes from Playa del Carmen, Mayakoba is an eco-friendly resort development on the shores of the Caribbean in Mexico. Surrounded by natural beauty in its lagoons, pools and sugar sand beaches, Mayakoba is home to three luxury hotels – Fairmont Mayakoba, Rosewood Mayakoba and Banyan Tree Mayakoba. The resort also offers a spectacular 18-hole course designed by renowned architect and PGA legend Greg Norman. The signature course is home to the OHL Classic at Mayakoba – the only PGA TOUR event in Mexico. Six miles of freshwater lagoons that lead to a white sand beach with turquoise waters on the Caribbean Sea connect all of the hotels. Guests are transported in boats via canals made exclusively for the resort, which have led to Mayakoba being called “the Venice of the Yucatan.” Mayakoba is an eco-conscious development and has implemented significant practices to encourage sustainability. For more information, please visit http://www.mayakoba.com
Kyra Lausmann/Sara Swiger
Castillo & Ruig Communications