This is an exciting time for us as our business evolves to meet the changing landscape of the payment industry.
Harrisburg, PA (PRWEB) April 18, 2015
Brush Industries / Q-Card Company are being recognized for creating jobs that pay and their economic impact within the commonwealth as part of the third annual Governor’s ImPAct Awards. Awards will be presented at a ceremony at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pa. on May 21, 2015.
“We at Brush Industries / Q-Card Company are extremely honored to have received this recognition. This is an exciting time for us as our business evolves to meet the changing landscape of the payment industry, and I wish to thank our domestic and international customers and our dedicated employees who make our success happen each and every day,” said Joseph Stenglein, President & COO.
Brush Industries is an internationally recognized, ISO 9001:2008 accredited manufacturer of magnetic encoding heads, card readers and electro-mechanical assemblies. Sister company, Q-Card Company is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 17025 accredited 3rd party independent test laboratory and manufacturer of test equipment for the payment, transportation and security/identification markets. They were nominated for the ImPAct Awards for achieving significant growth in both domestic and international sales during the 2012 through 2014 time period. International sales extend to 40 separate countries and accounted for over 33 percent of total sales.
The Governor’s ImPAct Awards recognizes companies from throughout the state in five categories: Community Impact, Entrepreneurial Impact, Export Impact, Jobs That Pay, and Small Business Impact. Brush Industries / Q-Card Company were nominated for an Export ImPAct Award.
- Community ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that exemplifies the tenet of "doing well by doing good." The winners in this category show a sustained commitment to the growth and development of their employees and the community(ies) in which they do business.
- Entrepreneur ImPAct Award - This award is given to an entrepreneur who has led his or her company to a position of strength in the marketplace by way of growth in one or all of the following areas: creativity, innovation, managerial ability, leadership skills, and turnaround.
- Export ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that has significantly increased its export sales and the number of new foreign markets to which it sells
- Jobs That Pay ImPAct Award - This award is given to a company that has demonstrated consistent job growth and retention over the past two years. The company must have had a positive net gain in new jobs during this time period.
- Small Business ImPAct Award - This award is given to a small business that has been an innovator within its industry, demonstrated revenue/profit growth, increased its workforce, and committed to the growth and development of its employees and community. The company must have 100 or fewer employees.
Brush Industries / Q-Card Company were nominated for the award by the Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance (PREP) network. Each of the 10 PREP regions submitted up to five nominations per category.
PREP is a statewide network of partners that works to regionalize and coordinate local economic development services to businesses and entrepreneurs.
Representatives from the Team Pennsylvania Foundation and Journal Multimedia evaluated the nominations and will select the award recipients.
For more information and the full list of finalists visit newpa.com/gia.