"Thyroid patients walk away armed with practical approaches they can start implementing right away to help feel and live their very best. One participant has said that she even calls it 'Thyroid School!'" - Mary Shomon
New York, NY (PRWEB) April 24, 2015
Nationally-known patient advocate and best-selling author Mary Shomon will be holding her popular day-long workshop -- 10 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Thyroid -- on Saturday, May 9, 2015 at the New York Open Center, one of the top holistic learning centers in the country. The workshop, titled "10 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Thyroid," focuses on key issues -- doctors, tests, medications, supplements, diet, and lifestyle changes -- that can help thyroid patients get back on track and enjoy better health.
Some of the many questions that will be answered during the workshop include:
- What thyroid tests are really needed, and how can patients understand and act on the results?
- What is "optimal" thyroid treatment, and how can patients get it from their physicians?
- What should thyroid patients avoid eating and drinking when taking thyroid medication?
- What dietary changes could put a thyroid condition into remission?
- How can people who are hypothyroid lose weight?
- How can thyroid patients lower thyroid antibodies and reduce inflammation?
- What is the role of the adrenals, and how does being "tired and wired" affect the thyroid?
- Why is stress such a factor in thyroid conditions, and what can patients do about it?
- What kinds of doctors can help, and how can patients find them?
- How can thyroid patients cope with thyroid-related hair loss?
Special guests at the workshop include:
- NYC integrative physician David Borenstein, MD - talking about how integrative physicians can partner with patients for thyroid diagnosis and optimal treatment
- Mind-body health expert and creator of the popular "Thyroid Meditation" CD, Demo DiMartile, on the positive role of stress management in thyroid and autoimmune disease
Says Shomon: "This workshop answers so many questions, and thyroid patients walk away armed with practical approaches they can start implementing right away to help feel and live their very best. One participant has said that she even calls it 'Thyroid School!'"
Important reference materials and class notes will be provided in an information-packed handout package.
10 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Thyroid: Creating Your Wellness Plan
With Mary Shomon
Date: May 9, 2015
Time: 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Location: New York Open Center, 22 E 30th St (Between Madison and 5th Avenue), New York City
Cost: Open Center Members: $150 / Nonmembers: $160 - Plus $5 materials fee the day of class
Open Center Course Information: http://www.opencenter.org/events/living-with-thyroid-disease-a-wellness-plan/
Online Registration: https://secure.opencenter.org/wconnect/CourseStatus.awp?~~15WHH42S
Phone Registration: 212-219-2527
ABOUT MARY SHOMON
Workshop creator and leader Mary Shomon is a nationally-known thyroid patient advocate, New York Times bestselling author of 11 books on thyroid disease and hormonal health, including "The Thyroid Diet Revolution," "Living Well With Hypothyroidism," "Living Well With Graves' Disease and Hyperthyroidism," and the Menopause Thyroid Solution." She has been the Thyroid Expert for About.com http://www.thyroid.about.com - part of the IAC network of top Internet sites - since 1996, and is a co-star of the PBS "Healthy Hormones" television specials. She has also been featured in hundreds of television, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews. Mary is on the faculty at the New York Open Center.
ABOUT THE SPECIAL GUESTS
David Borenstein, MD is the founder of Manhattan Integrative Medicine, an integrative practice based in New York City, where he focuses on thyroid disease, hormonal health, pain management, immune health, and cutting-edge treatments like prolotherapy, low dose naltrexone (LDN), and stem cell therapies. Dr. Borenstein regularly presents at Mary Shomon's thyroid seminars at the New York Open Center. http://www.davidborensteinmd.com
Demo DiMartile is founder of One Light One Spirit, offering guided meditations and seminars intended to support and sustain mind-body health, wellness and inner peace. He is the creator of the "Thyroid Meditation" audio CD and MP3 guided meditation program. He will be sharing some thoughts on stress management through meditation and relaxation. http://www.onelightonespirit.com