These guiding principles serve as aspirational and affirmative statements about where we as individuals, organizations and collectively as the patient experience movement should focus efforts.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) April 27, 2015
Guided by the extensive work of its community to frame the field of patient experience and its collaboration with organizations around the world to identify proven practices and research, The Beryl Institute identifies eight essential actions for organizations committed to patient experience improvement.
The Beryl Institute believes organizations and systems committed to providing the best in experience will:
- Identify and support accountable leadership with committed time and focused intent to shape and guide experience strategy
- Establish and reinforce a strong, vibrant and positive organizational culture and all it comprises
- Develop a formal definition for what experience is to their organization
- Implement a defined process for continuous patient and family input and engagement
- Engage all voices in driving comprehensive, systemic and lasting solutions
- Look beyond clinical experience of care to all interactions and touch points
- Focus on alignment across all segments of the continuum and the spaces in between
- Encompass both a focus on healing and a commitment to well-being
Released during the second annual Patient Experience Week, the Institute hopes these action statements will serve as a guide to reinforce and/or inspire those who are committed to providing the best in patient experience. The Institute invites and encourages healthcare organizations globally to consider and commit to these principles.
“We have found that providing the best in patient experience requires clear purpose, unwavering intention and a commitment to action,” said Jason Wolf, president of The Beryl Institute. “These guiding principles serve as aspirational and affirmative statements about where we as individuals, organizations and collectively as the patient experience movement should focus efforts. They lead us beyond key tactics to the essential strategies we have seen drive continuous and lasting success.”
To learn more about The Beryl Institute’s stand and resources, visit http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=OurStand.
About The Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice dedicated to improving the patient experience through collaboration and shared knowledge. The Institute defines the patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.