Every facet of BioBridge Global enables research and development.
San Antonio, Texas (PRWEB) April 29, 2015
BioBridge Global (BBG), a San Antonio, Texas-based nonprofit organization focused on regenerative medicine, blood resource management and biologic testing, is proud to announce the release of its 2014 Annual Report.
The report details a transformative year for BBG, including a name change, implementation of comprehensive strategic plans for each business unit and expansion of services for the health care industry, all with the aim of continuing its longtime mission of saving and enhancing lives around the world.
Some highlights from the report:
- BBG celebrated 40 years in the community, starting in 1974 as the South Texas Regional Blood Bank
- The organization grew from 12 employees in 1974 to nearly 725 in 2014, making it among the larger employers in the city, according to the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation
- BBG and its subsidiaries were showcased on the global stage in 2014 as a co-organizer of the World Stem Cell Summit
- BBG subsidiary South Texas Blood & Tissue Center continued to improve the donor experience with efficiencies that help put blood products on the shelf for patients
- BBG subsidiary QualTex Laboratories tested a record number of regulated biologic product samples worldwide
- BBG subsidiary GenCure sent a record number of umbilical cord blood units around the world for transplant into seriously ill patients
BBG CEO Linda Myers says in the report’s opening message that BioBridge Global has refined an infrastructure that holistically supports its mission and the regenerative medicine industry.
“Every facet of BioBridge Global enables research and development as we continue our longtime service to the community, bringing hope to the ill and injured in Texas and around the world,” she says.
The complete report can be found here.
About BioBridge Global: BioBridge Global (BBG) is a San Antonio, Texas-based nonprofit corporation that offers diverse services through its subsidiaries – the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center, QualTex Laboratories, GenCure and the Blood & Tissue Center Foundation. BBG provides products and services in blood resource management, cellular therapy, donated umbilical cord blood and human tissue as well as testing of blood, plasma and tissue products for clients in the United States and worldwide. BBG is rooted in the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center, which has a proud history of serving the South Texas region and beyond for more than 40 years. BBG is committed to supporting groundbreaking research, addressing unmet clinical needs and enabling the development and commercialization of novel biotechnology products. Visit us at http://www.biobridgeglobal.org.