Tallmadge, OH (PRWEB) April 30, 2015
Tom’s Turbo Garage Project Thunderbolt, a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata with a Chevrolet Performance LS3 engine, is getting ever closer to completion. Enthusiasts can see the latest video segments on Summit Racing’s blog, OnAllCylinders.
In the first three videos, Tom Tharp presented the project overview, disassembled the Miata and made engine bay and interior modifications to fit the Chevrolet Performance LS376/525 HP LS3 in the car. Here is what enthusiasts will see in the latest segments:
- Overview of Chevrolet Performance LS3
- Engine bay and interior sheetmetal modifications to fit the engine
- Finishing sheetmetal surgery
- Bolting a Getrag Cadillac CTS-V differential in the Miata’s rear subframe
- Mounting the Chevrolet Performance CTS-V accessory drive on the LS3
- Fabricating a mount for the drive-by-wire accelerator pedal
- Modifying supports for the Fluidyne radiator
- Mating Tremec T56 six-speed transmission to the engine with a Chevrolet Performance T56 Installation Kit
- Final drivetrain test-fit to locate transmission crossmember and frame rails
- Applying Lizardskin heat and sound insulation and seam sealer
Summit Racing will post Project Thunderbolt Parts Combos when the project is completed. The Combos will provide a great start for enthusiasts wanting to fit an LS engine into a Miata.
Summit Racing Equipment