This will be an excellent opportunity for residents of South Florida to learn more about the public health issue of gambling addiction and how it is being addressed in Florida
Past News ReleasesRSS
(PRWEB) May 06, 2015
The Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling, Inc. (FCCG), along with Broward Behavioral Health Coalition, Group Victory, Miami Area Geriatric Education Center, Mental Health Association of Southeast Florida, and United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse, will hold its annual conference in Ft Lauderdale this year on May 12-14, at the Riverside Hotel.
This important event will address topics such as public awareness and education for everyone as well as clinical training for problem gambling treatment services. “This year’s conference will offer something for everyone regardless of your interest in gambling and problem gambling in Florida. We will discuss topics such as public policy, education, prevention, treatment, responsible gaming, as well as featuring panels for the recovery community,” says Pat Fowler, Executive Director.
A few of the conference speakers include:
- Senator Maria-Lorts Sachs, Deputy Minority Whip and Member of the Regulated Industries Committee, Florida State Senate, Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
- Keynote Dr. Rory C. Reid, Ph.D., LCSW, Research Psychologist with the Gambling Studies Program in the UCLA Department of Psychiatry, and Harvard Medical School Global Clinical Scholars Research Training Program, Harvard University.
- Keynote Dr. Jon E. Grant, JD, MD, MPH, Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Chicago
- Dr. Lori Rugle, Program Director, University of Maryland Center of Excellence on Problem Gambling.
- Mr. John Fontana, President, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Tampa, FL.
- Mr. Isadore Havenick, Vice President of Political Affairs for Magic City Casino, Naples Ft. Myers Greyhound Racing and Poker, and Dania Jai-Alai.
“This will be an excellent opportunity for residents of South Florida to learn more about the public health issue of gambling addiction and how it is being addressed in Florida,” states Fowler.
For additional information on presentations and speakers visit http://www.fccgconference.org.
The FCCG acknowledges the support of the Seminole Tribe of Florida through Seminole Gaming in sponsorship of this conference.
For Press information and to schedule interviews with presenters, contact: Pat Fowler, ED, 407-865-6200