(PRWEB UK) 10 May 2015
With tastes of the weather getting warmer and brighter, we can start to prepare for the summer months and consider some garden improvements. As well as the annual garden tidy up, it could be time to consider a hot tub, swim spa or even a new swimming pool, to make the most of being at home.
Outdoor activity is great for family fun and getting children out in the fresh air rather than being stuck indoors. Swimming and other water-related activities are an easy and fun way for families to spend time together and is also a great way to encourage children to be sporty and fit from a young age.
Adding something as eye catching as a swimming pool or hot tub can create a holiday feel to the garden and create a relaxing environment for entertaining. Best of all, they can be tailored to suit your house and garden design, and to fit every budget.
The Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association (SPATA) and The British and Irish Spa and Hot Tub Association (BISHTA) are the respective trade associations for swimming pools and hot tubs which encourage these contractors and suppliers to meet industry standards and to make usage safe.
Top tips when buying a hot tub and/or swimming pool:
1) Always choose a SPATA or BISHTA member so that you can be assured that your purchase will be built to industry standards. You may wish to check the company is a current member of either BISHTA and / or SPATA by contacting the office, or checking the relevant website (details below).
2) Be sure you know what you want to use the equipment for, as this will determine what to buy? If you just want to relax in some hot water then a Hot Tub may be best, but if you want to swim, then either a swim spa or a swimming pools will be better
3) Set a budget, but be prepared to be flexible if you find something that meets all your needs, but is slightly more than you had hoped for
4) Ensure the contractor / supplier can show other examples of the type of hot tub or pool that you want. Ask past clients for their feedback on the contractors’ professionalism and ability to hit agreed deadlines
5) Find out if there are any Local Authority consents required (e.g. Planning, Building Regulations, etc.)
6) Ask who will be responsible for after-sales maintenance, service and check the warranties on the products
7) Find out what method of water treatment is proposed
Adding fun, accessories and optional extras
You want your pool to be as comfortable and attractive as possible, and there is an enormous selection of enhancements and labour-saving devices available on the market. These range from underwater lighting, automatic water top-up, counter current machines and automatic cleaners to diving boards, slides, special deck finishes and poolside furniture. Research what is available and choose the accessories and extras which suit your lifestyle to help you make best use of your investment.
A well planned and installed pool, swim spa or hot tub, will give years of pleasure to you, your family and friends and bring great health and enjoyment. Go on - take the plunge! Visit: http://www.spata.co.uk and/or http://www.bishta.co.uk and take the first step to making your dream a reality!