Mexico City, Mexico (PRWEB UK) 13 May 2015
The opening of the initial phase of bidding for exploratory oil and gas blocks in the Gulf of Mexico has led to the realization that local content policies are required for the local petroleum industry. Subsequently, regional and international oil and gas players are looking for consultation and local support in pursuing their hydrocarbon ventures.
The first event of its kind, National Content Congress Mexico (23-25 June, Mexico City) will explore the energy reform, what it means for investors and how regulations will develop leading up to 2025. The congress will offer crucial insight into what the expectations are on the government front and what investors are looking for in relation to the local content policies.
Topics to be explored by senior level industry specialists at the upcoming congress include:
- Local content requirements: Learn how your organization can comply with these regulations
- Human capital: Grasp what resources are available along with plans for training and technology transfer
- Regional case studies: Learn how neighboring resource rich nations, such as Brazil and Argentina, have developed, rolled out and monitored their local content policies
- Investment opportunity: Get a clear picture of how operators can maximize opportunities and how the government is planning to facilitate this
- Legal: Hear from industry leaders as they discuss what organizations need to be considering when entering into contracts in Mexico
Industry leaders sharing their knowledge include:
- Hector Marquez, Head of Government Procurement, Secretary of Economy
- Raul Mendoza, Deputy Director of Development and Relationship with Suppliers and Contractors, Petróleos Mexicanos
- Edival Dan Junior, Local Content Manager, PETROBRAS
- Patrick Hoogendijk, Managing Partner & CFO, EIM Capital
- Benigna Leiss, Country Manager, Chevron Mexico
- David Penchyna, President of the Energy Committee, Senate
National Content Congress Mexico will take place on June 23rd – 25th in Mexico City, Mexico. Find the full program, speaker list and registration form on the website, call +44 (0)20 7368 9737 or email enquire(at)oilandgasiq(dot)com.