Rome, Italy (PRWEB) May 26, 2015
On Monday at a christening ceremony in Rome, Italy, Windstar Cruises debuted Star Legend, the third and final of the fleet’s three new all suite power yachts. The christening ceremony and pier-side champagne celebration mark the luxury yacht’s introduction to the Windstar fleet, and the start of its inaugural voyage through Italy, France, and Spain.
Gloria Bohan, president and CEO of Omega World Travel and Cruise.com, was honored as godmother of Windstar’s Star Legend, successfully breaking a traditional bottle of champagne over the bow in front of a crowd of 250 guests, media, and trade partners.
The debut of Star Legend came on the heels of the launch of sister yacht, Star Breeze, which was christened May 6, 2015, in Nice, France by Godmother (and fellow female travel influencer) Wendy Perrin.
Both yachts hold 212 passengers at double occupancy. The inclusion of Star Breeze and Star Legend to the fleet makes the company a market leader in small ship cruising with 300 or fewer passengers, with a total of 1,242 berths and six ships.
For images, please email publicrelations(at)windstarcruises(dot)com.
The 212-passenger yacht joins the fleet after an $8.5 million, three-week renovation in Genoa, Italy. Star Legend received a full stem to stern transformation, including overhauls of every public space, dining venues, and suites. Highlights include:
- The outdoor Star Deck has expanded by 4 feet on each side to provide more space for lounging
- The Star Deck now offers a new counter-current pool and whirlpool.
- The observation lounge on the top deck is transformed to Windstar’s popular Yacht Club, a chic coffee bar and lounge
- The entertainment lounge is completely renovated with new flooring, lighting, and furniture
- The club space has turned into the Compass Rose, redesigned with new contemporary furnishings, rich new flooring finishes, and plantation shutters
- The ship’s card room is now the Star Screening Room, where guests can view current movies
- AmphorA Restaurant is completely redesigned with updated lighting, wall coverings, art work, and seating layouts
- Veranda, located at the aft of the yacht, now offers expanded outdoor seating complete with a courtyard and garden wall
After its inaugural voyage, Star Legend will continue to cruise in the Mediterranean and Northern Europe for the summer season. Following an ocean crossing in the fall, Star Breeze will embark on one of Windstar’s newest Caribbean itineraries, San Juan and the Virgin Islands, and will continue to sail in the Caribbean for the winter season. For a full look at the 2016 voyage collection, click here.
Windstar is planning a $3 million additional renovation of Star Pride. Star Pride joined Windstar’s fleet in May of 2014, after a moderate facelift and updated furnishings with some remodeling. The continuation of the transformation includes the completion of the AmphorA Restaurant remodel and a total renovation of the Lounge, Veranda, Screening Room, and more.
About Windstar Cruises
Windstar Cruises operates a fleet of small luxury cruise ships known for its intimate yacht style experience and unique voyages to the world’s best small ports and hidden harbors. Its three recently renovated sailing yachts carry just 148 to 310 guests and cruise to 52 nations, calling at 155 ports throughout Europe, the South Pacific, the Caribbean, Asia, South America, and Central America. In May 2014, Windstar launched Star Pride, the first of three newly acquired power yachts. In May 2015 the company launches Star Breeze and Star Legend. The power yachts, with a capacity of 212 guests each, double the size of Windstar’s fleet, making the company the market leader in small ship cruising with 300 or fewer passengers, with a total of 1,242 berths Windstar was recently named Condé Nast Traveler’s #1 small ship cruise line in the world.
For more information including rates and itineraries, contact a travel professional or call Windstar at 800.258.7245, or visit http://www.windstarcruises.com.