New York (PRWEB) July 14, 2015
* Greenberg Traurig, the third largest law firm in the United States with more than 1,800 attorneys, continues its international expansion by opening its 38th office in Germany’s capital, Berlin
- Greenberg Traurig Germany will open on October 1, 2015, as the firm’s fourth European office after London, Amsterdam, and Warsaw
- The award-winning Olswang-team with more than 50 German attorneys, including 14 shareholders, will join Greenberg Traurig in Berlin
Leading international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP has announced that it will open in Germany October 1, 2015. Greenberg Traurig will serve the German market from the capital, Berlin, with more than 50 lawyers and all current staff from the Olswang office in that city, including 14 attorneys who will become shareholders of the firm.
The award-winning, Berlin-based team is known internationally for its high-profile practices in corporate, M&A, finance, and restructuring, focusing on the real estate, technology, telecommunications, media, and infrastructure industries. Greenberg Traurig’s move into the vibrant and fast-growing tech hub Berlin aligns perfectly with the existing bridge from Silicon Valley through Tel Aviv to Seoul. In addition, this expansion combines one of the leading German real estate groups with one of the top real estate practices in the United States, creating a world-class global real estate offering.
"Berlin is a key center of business, technology, culture, and global policymaking, and where the entrepreneurial spirit can be felt as intensely as anywhere I have been in the world," said Richard A. Rosenbaum, Greenberg Traurig's chief executive officer.
"Even with over 1,800 lawyers in 37 cities, and among the very largest in the United States itself, nowhere in the global legal industry can the entrepreneurial spirit be felt as intensely as it is at Greenberg Traurig, and that spirit defines our brand. Our culture of trust, respect, top quality, and extraordinary value, and the empowerment of our people on the ground, is as strong and vibrant as ever. Our core brands in real estate, technology, and M&A are perfectly suited to Germany and the top-tier team who will found our office there. We are proud to be in the key global technology, real estate, and financial markets, from Silicon Valley and San Francisco to Seoul, from Berlin to Tel Aviv, from Shanghai to Miami, from Tokyo to Austin, from Warsaw to Chicago, from Boston to Northern Virginia, from New York to London, from Houston to Mexico City, and beyond.”
Christian Schede, who will serve as the German managing shareholder for Greenberg Traurig, added, "Greenberg Traurig’s award-winning corporate, M&A, real estate, technology, media, and telecoms practices are a perfect fit with our top-ranking German offering. Greenberg Traurig’s entrepreneurial focus, its growth strategy, and its international network enable us and our emerging talent to shape our future.”
"Simply stated, it is incredibly exciting to be a part of the firm’s next step in its commitment to Europe, its growth into the German market, and to become integrated into one of the few law firms in the world with these practice strengths – that is why this combination is such a compelling match," said Peter Schorling, who will serve as the German corporate practice chair for the new office.
Rosenbaum concluded, “As we always do, we waited patiently for years to find the right time, the right place, and especially the right people, and we could not be more pleased with this opportunity. With empowered leadership on the ground, we are confident this will be an important enhancement to the firm's global platform."
As part of the move, Olswang’s current German restructuring & insolvency unit in Berlin will join with two partners and their staff becoming Greenberg Traurig Restructuring in Germany. In addition, current senior associate Henrik Armah will be promoted as of October 1 and become the 14th shareholder of the firm in Germany.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Founded in 1967, Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1800 attorneys serving clients from 37 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite and among the most “Tech Savvy.” It was on the 2013-2015 BTI Client Service 30 listings of firms “most recognized by clients for providing excellent client service,” and one of the 2014 BTI Client Relationship Scorecard “Power Elite,” based on the nature and strength of its client relationships.
Greenberg Traurig has grown significantly outside the U.S. over the past few years. After Amsterdam (2002), the firm opened in London in 2009 and Warsaw in 2012. While in Asia, Greenberg Traurig launched its Shanghai office in 2008, added Seoul in 2013, and Tokyo in 2015. In Latin America, an office in Mexico City opened in 2012, the same year the firm opened an office in the Middle East in Tel Aviv. In Italy, Greenberg Traurig holds a strategic alliance with independent law firm Studio Santa Maria in Milan and Rome.
Further Awards & Recognition (selected):
- Chambers & Partners USA Guide, Band 1, Nationwide Rankings: Real Estate, 2015-2012; Retail, 2015-2010; Corporate/M&A, 2011-2010
- Chambers & Partners USA Guide, Band 1, State Rankings, 2015: Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A, Corporate/M&A & Private Equity, Environment, Immigration, IP, Labor & Employment, Latin American Investment, Real Estate, Real Estate: Dirt, Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use, Tax
- “America's Best Corporate Law Firms,” Annual Law and the Boardroom Study (NYSE Governance Services; FTI Consulting, Inc.), Corporate Board Members Magazine, 2015
- The M&A Advisor, 2014: Technology, Media, Telecom Deal of the Year (Over $100mm - $ 1bn)
- The M&A Advisor, 2014: Cross- Border Deal of the Year (exceeding $ 1bn)
- 7th Annual International M&A Awards, 2015: US/ Europe Deal of the Year and Technology, Media & Telecom Deal of the Year (exceeding $ 1bn)
- 9th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Award, 2015: Restructurings of the Year -- Over $100mm to $500mm and Over $500mm to $1 Billion
- London: British Legal Awards 2013: Office of the Year
- Warsaw: Chambers & Partners, 2013: International Law Firm of the Year
- Warsaw: Chambers & Partners Europe Guide, Poland, 2015: Ranked Band 1 for Capital Markets (Equity), M&A, Private Equity, Real Estate, and Tax