Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 07, 2015
The federal grants management reform initiative that the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) recently rolled out has triggered all sorts of challenges, especially it comes to the new guidance on purchasing goods and services using grant funds. The Aug. 18 Federal Fund Management Advisor webinar, “Navigating OMB’s New Rules for Purchasing With Grant Funds,” will offer essential knowledge of the new requirements for procurement under grants so that participants can put them into practice.
Federal Fund Management Advisor Principal Bob Lloyd will lead 60 minutes of presentation followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. Participants will learn:
- How to differentiate between purchase contracts under grants and subawards of federal financial assistance, and why that’s important
- How to organize written procurement procedures
- What policies belong in an organization’s code of conduct affecting those involved in purchasing decisions
- How to conduct effective “acquisition planning” to manage the supply chain
- What features should be included in formal solicitations for bids or proposals
- How to cast a wide net for competition including solicitation of disadvantaged business enterprises
- What is needed to document selection of the successful offerors
- How to conduct required cost or price analysis of submitted bids or proposals
- What terms and conditions must be included in purchase orders or contracts
- How to get what is paid for through effective contract administration
- What the auditors will be looking for when they come to check compliance
Visit http://federalfundmanagement.com/webinars/wg517_081815 for more details and registration information.
Bob Lloyd is a respected authority on policies and practices affecting the award, administration and oversight of federal grants, contracts and subawards. Mr. Lloyd has more than 40 years of experience in federal award implementation. Prior to starting his management consulting practice in Washington, D.C., in 1982, he served as the executive director of the Grants Management Advisory Service and held staff positions in two large federally funded organizations. Since then, he has been a consultant, trainer or advisor to award and audit units in 16 federal award-making departments and agencies, and to recipient and subrecipient organizations and their professional advisors located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, several U.S. territories and 18 foreign countries. He is the principal author of several reference works on federal grants management and audits, and currently serves as contributing editor to Federal Grants News, published by Atlantic Information Services. He also is a Charter Life Member of the National Grants Management Association and served on its Board of Directors for five years.
Attendees of the Live Webinar Can Earn Up to 1.5 CPE Credits
Federal Fund Management Advisor is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.
About Federal Fund Management Advisor
Federal Fund Management Advisor provides recipients and subrecipients of federal funds with accurate, responsible and practical advice concerning the acquisition, administration and oversight of federal grants, cooperative agreements and contracts. Through management, compliance and best practices webinars, and a wide variety of technical assistance capabilities, this advisory service can help organizations navigate effectively in today’s highly charged federal fund accountability atmosphere. Visit http://www.federalfundmanagement.com.