SAE International will offer five professional development seminars at the SAE 2015 AeroTech Congress & Exhibition.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) August 12, 2015
SAE International will offer five professional development seminars at the SAE 2015 AeroTech Congress & Exhibition, which will be held September 21-25 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, Washington.
Professional development seminars at the SAE 2015 AeroTech Congress will include:
- New! Introduction to Composites Fabrication and Assembly in Aerospace, Space, and Transportation (Sept. 21, 2015) - This one day seminar will introduce participants to composites technologies that have applications beyond aerospace, including such markets as trucks, automobiles, and wind turbines. The instructor will define, illustrate, and describe the innovative manufacturing processes and technologies that have been used to solve the "composite challenge" for aerospace and space vehicles.
- New! Understanding the FAA Parts Manufacturer Approval Process (Sept. 21-22, 2015) - This two-day course covers the crucial subjects and steps of the FAA-PMA approval process. The instructor begins with an overview of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) organizational structure then will guide you through the roles and responsibilities of the PMA applicant, Aircraft Certification Office (ACO), Manufacturing Inspection District Office (MIDO), Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), and the Aircraft Evaluation Group (AEG) as outlined in FAA policies, guidelines, and requirements leading to FAA-PMA approvals.
- ARP4754A and the Guidelines for Development of Civil Aircraft and Systems (Sept. 21-22, 2015) - This two-day seminar provides you with an in-depth presentation of the guidelines introduced in the revised recommended practice for aircraft and systems development as well as the critical concepts used in aircraft and systems development processes for certification.
- New! Introduction to DO-178C (Sept. 21-22, 2015) - This two-day seminar introduces you to industry best practices for real-world software development and how to avoid common DO-178C mistakes. This seminar is intended to present the information necessary to help minimize DO-178C risks and costs, while also maximizing software quality during avionics development.
- ARP4761 and the Safety Assessment Process for Civil Airborne Systems (Sept. 24-25, 2015) - This 2-day seminar provides you with the guideline information for conducting industry accepted safety assessments consisting of Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA), Preliminary System Safety Assessment (PSSA), and System Safety Assessment (SSA).
For information about the professional development courses offered in conjunction with the 2015 AeroTech Congress and Exhibition, visit http://www.sae.org/events/atc/attend/special-events/pdseminars.htm. Or, contact SAE International Customer Service by emailing customerservice(at)sae(dot)org or calling +1.877.606.7323 (U.S. and Canada only) or +1.724.776.4970 (outside U.S. and Canada).
To request media credentials, email pr(at)sae(dot)org or call 1-724-772-8522.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 137,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.