LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) August 19, 2015
This week, 26 attorneys from international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP’s California offices were included in the 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in America. Shareholders from the firm’s Los Angeles, Orange County, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, and Sacramento offices were recognized by the magazine. Additionally, for the ninth consecutive year, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed by Best Lawyers in America for having the highest number of attorneys listed in the 2016 edition – over 350 attorneys are listed from across the firm’s U.S. offices.
According to the Best Lawyers website, the attorneys are selected based upon a peer-review process, in an effort to capture a general consensus from leaders in the legal field regarding their peers’ accomplishments and capabilities.
Shareholder Ian Ballon is recognized as a 2016 ‘Lawyer of the Year.’ Ballon focuses his practice on Information Technology Litigation (Internet/mobile, intellectual property and privacy security litigation, including class action defense) and is based in Greenberg Traurig’s Silicon Valley and Los Angeles offices.
The additional 25 Greenberg Traurig California attorneys listed in 2016 Best Lawyers in America are:
- Charles S. Birenbaum – Employment Law – Management; Labor Law – Management
- Daniel H. Black – Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television
- Vincent H. Chieffo – Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music; Litigation – Intellectual Property; Media Law
- Jay L. Cooper – Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music
- G. Michelle Ferreira – Litigation and Controversy – Tax; Tax Law
- William J. Goines – Commercial Litigation
- Lawrence H. Heller –Trusts and Estates
- Susan L. Heller – Trademark Law
- Jeffrey C. Joy – Tax Law
- Steven Katleman – Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television
- Mark D. Kemple – Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Jeffrey Leacox – Technology Law
- Mark C. Lee – Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Raymond A. Lee – Corporate Law
- Richard I. Leher – Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television; Entertainment Law – Music
- Gene Livingston – Administrative/Regulatory Law; Environmental Law; Government Relations Practice; Litigation – Environmental
- James Mattesich – Government Relations Practice
- Frank E. Merideth Jr. – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Intellectual Property
- James M. Nelson – Employment Law – Management
- Sanford C. Presant – Tax Law
- Paul J. Schumacher – Securities Regulation
- Alan U. Schwartz – Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television
- Jeff E. Scott – Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Randall C. Single – Real Estate Law
- Franklin D. Ubell – Litigation – Intellectual Property; Litigation – Patent Law; Patent Law
In California, Greenberg Traurig is top-listed based on number of attorneys in the state and in the Sacramento metro market for its Government Relations Practice.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP — California
In California, Greenberg Traurig offers experienced corporate, entertainment, government law and policy, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, and taxation attorneys located in Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1800 attorneys serving clients from 37 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite and among the most “Tech Savvy.” It was on the 2013-2015 BTI Client Service 30 listings of firms “most recognized by clients for providing excellent client service,” and one of the 2014 BTI Client Relationship Scorecard “Power Elite,” based on the nature and strength of its client relationships. More information at: http://www.gtlaw.com.