San Marcos, CA (PRWEB) August 22, 2015
More than 80 graduates from 20 states and Kenya celebrated their graduation from the California campus of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences on August 15. They were joined by family and friends as they received Doctor of Physical Therapy and Master of Occupational Therapy degrees.
The university granted several awards to graduates who embodied their program’s mission with attributes including professionalism, clinical reasoning, ethical standards and commitment to professional growth:
- The Stanley V. Paris and Catherine E. Patla Award for Excellence in Manual Therapy: Roxanne Ouweleen
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Student Award: Duane Pierce
- Outstanding Physical Therapy Flex Student Award: Kaylee Smith
- Outstanding Occupational Therapy Student Award: Christopher Raab
- Judith Olson Scholastic Achievement Award (occupational therapy): Aimee Sands
- Wanda Nitsch Scholastic Achievement Award (physical therapy): Nicholas Bucher and Roxanne Ouweleen
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USA) is a graduate institution that emphasizes health science education through innovative quality classroom and distance education. Founded in 1979, USA has locations in San Marcos, California; St. Augustine, Florida; and Austin, Texas. USA offers degree programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, education and health science, as well as residency, fellowship and continuing education programs. For more information, visit http://www.usa.edu. USA is a member of Laureate International Universities, a network of more than 80 institutions in 28 countries and one of the most significant global higher education providers for health sciences. For more information, visit http://www.laureate.net.