We are very excited to release Squish 6.0. The level of BDD support in Squish 6.0 goes beyond what we initially envisioned, and far beyond what's available in any other BDD framework today. -- Reginald Stadlbauer, froglogic co-founder & CEO
Hamburg, Germany (PRWEB) September 02, 2015
Squish 6.0 delivers end-to-end BDD support and Advanced Reporting capabilities. Squish GUI Tester is the market leading, functional test automation tool for cross-platform and cross-device GUI testing on desktop, embedded, mobile platforms and web browsers, used in more than 3,500 QA departments around the world!
Squish 6.0 Features
BDD support built into the Squish IDE
- Complete support for Feature Files written in Gherkin
- Gherkin Statement Completion
- Automate & Execute BDD tests (scenarios) directly from the Squish IDE - Test step recording in any of Squish's supported scripting languages
- Switch between Feature (BDD) and Implementation (Script) Files
- Unified BDD & Script Reporting
- Color-coded execution details directly within BDD Feature Files - New modernized and comprehensive HTML reports
- Updated all script interpreters to newer versions
- GUI Coverage - An experimental feature for tracking UI coverage of tests (limited to Squish for Qt at this time)
Using BDD, stakeholders, managers, developers and testers alike communicate using a single business-readable language (see figure BDD and Communication)
Squish GUI Tester supports BDD & GUI test automation across several technologies, including the Qt, QML and QtQuick GUI toolkits, Java SWT/Eclipse RCP, Java AWT/Swing, JavaFX, Windows MFC, .NET WindowsForms and WPF, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, iOS Cocoa Touch, Android, and Web/HTML5/AJAX/Flex.
With extremely tight integration for each supported GUI technology, Squish gives testers unprecedented access to application internals (data items, controls, widgets, etc.), creating robust and stable GUI tests, all while maintaining a BDD layer in a business-readable language.
Squish, and its tests, are fully cross-platform, working on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, embedded Linux, iOS, Android and several RTOSes. Learn More
Learn More & Evaluate Squish
- Video: Squish and BDD
- View a detailed list of new features in Squish 6.0
- Evaluate Squish - request a free and fully supported evaluation version of Squish 6.0.
- Register for Squish 6.0 Release Webinar - Learn Squish with BDD & More! (September 2nd - Multiple Time Slots)
- For further questions contact sales(at)froglogic(dot)com
froglogic GmbH is a software company based in Hamburg, Germany with additional offices in the USA with over 3,500 customers world-wide. froglogic is famous for its automated testing suite Squish with its flagship product Squish GUI Tester, the market-leading automated testing tool for GUI applications based on Qt, Java AWT/Swing, SWT/RCP and JavaFX, Mac OS X Carbon/Cocoa, Windows MFC, .NET and WPF, iOS Cocoa Touch, Android and for HTML/Ajax/Flex-based web applications running in a variety of web browsers. In addition, froglogic's offering includes the professional, cross-platform C and C++ Code Coverage tool Squish Coco.
“froglogic” and “Squish” are registered trademarks of froglogic GmbH. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.