Clearwater, FL (PRWEB) September 16, 2015
(ISC)²® (“ISC-squared”) today announced the finalists for its fifth annual Americas Information Security Leadership Awards (Americas ISLA®) Program. (ISC)² is pleased once again to celebrate the accomplishments of private and public sector industry leaders outside of U.S. federal government throughout the Americas who are inspiring change within the information security workforce. Recipients will be announced during the fifth annual (ISC)² Security Congress on the evening of September 30.
Part of (ISC)²’s Global Awards Program, Americas ISLA aims to recognize the achievements of outstanding information security professionals who have led an industry workforce improvement initiative, program or project. The program recognizes professionals who are leading initiatives that result in a more proficient, resilient information security workforce in Central, North, and South America. The recognition categories include: Information Security Practitioner, Senior Information Security Professional, and Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional and Community Awareness.
(ISC)² CEO David Shearer says, “Cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals do not always get the opportunity to be in the spotlight for the great work they do. It’s usually considered a behind the scenes type of role until a breach occurs – then they are in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. We believe in recognizing the workforce innovations that are driving information security professionals forward. I congratulate this year’s Americas ISLA finalists and look forward to celebrating with them at the gala in Anaheim.”
The 2015 Americas ISLA finalists are as follows:
Senior Information Security Professional Category
- Bob Cheong, CISSP, chief information security officer at Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) (U.S.A.)
- Lyndon Dubeau, CISSP, lead, Architecture Services Department at Cancer Care Ontario (Canada)
- Eric Fromm, CISSP, associate VP of networking and security, enterprise integration at Cyber-Ark Privileged Identity Management Suite (U.S.A.)
- Jason Pfeiffer, director of enterprise information security and assurance, Cyber Fusion Center (CFC) at PwC (U.S.A.)
Information Security Practitioner Category
- Renan Melo Santos, information security officer at Atacadao (Brazil)
- Nicholas Sullivan, security engineering lead at CloudFlare (U.S.A.)
Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional Category
- Kenneth Butler, cybersecurity engineer at ActioNet, Inc. (U.S.A.)
- Noah Jaehnert, security architecture program manager at KAR Auction Services, Inc. (U.S.A.)
Community Awareness Category
- James McQuiggan, CISSP, infosec awareness program manager at Siemens (U.S.A.)
- Anderson Ramos, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CSSLP, SSCP, chief technology officer at FlipSide Smart Content Provider (Brazil)
A judging committee of eight members of the (ISC)² North American and Latin American Advisory Boards evaluated the nominees and selected the finalists based upon specific criteria and eligibility requirements. (ISC)² officials will honor the Americas ISLA recipients on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 during a gala dinner and ceremony in Anaheim, Ca. at the City National Grove of Anaheim.
For more information on the Americas ISLA program, please visit http://www.isc2.org/aisla.
Formed in 1989, (ISC)² is the largest not-for-profit membership body of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals worldwide, with nearly 110,000 members in more than 160 countries. Globally recognized as the Gold Standard, (ISC)² issues the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and related concentrations, as well as the Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP®), the Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP®), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSPSM), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP®), HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP®), and Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP®) credentials to qualifying candidates. (ISC)²’s certifications are among the first information technology credentials to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024, a global benchmark for assessing and certifying personnel. (ISC)² also offers education programs and services based on its CBK®, a compendium of information and software security topics. More information is available at http://www.isc2.org.
© 2015, (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, ISSEP, CSSLP, CAP, CCFP, HCISPP, SSCP and CBK are registered marks, and CCSP is a service mark, of (ISC)², Inc.