Along with the shift to being mobile-friendly, we also felt it was important to better educate our visitor base about the role TPAs play today and what self-funding is all about.
Chevy Chase, MD (PRWEB) September 22, 2015
Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2015, the Society of Professional Benefit Administrators (SPBA) recently launched an updated, user-friendly public website.
The membership-based organization – one that helps third party administrators (TPAs) and others navigate the complex, ever-changing employee benefits landscape – focused on a variety of key enhancements in completing this upgrade.
- Mobile-friendly design – To accommodate visitors on multiple devices with varying screen sizes, the website is now formatted with a responsive design.
- Simplified, streamlined navigation – Content was re-assessed and re-organized by category to make information easier to find and access.
- Ability to navigate by audience – With the site upgrade, visitors are able to navigate by audience type, including vendors, media, government officials and more.
- Expanded content – As interest in the self-funding concept continues to grow, the SPBA has added an “Intro to TPAs and Self-Funding” section and other helpful information about the organization and membership.
- Modern look and feel – The site was updated to feature a fresh, simple design when putting together the finished product.
“In upgrading the SPBA website, we took a close look at how we could improve the overall user experience and incorporated all of the essentials identified,” said Anne Lennan, SPBA president. “Along with the shift to being mobile-friendly, we also felt it was important to better educate our visitor base about the role TPAs play today and what self-funding is all about.”
First formed in 1975, the SPBA provides members with timely regulatory insights and updates and shares how-to government compliance ideas related to self-funding. It maintains direct connections with regulators, serves as a source for real-world employee benefits information and also acts as an advocate on behalf of TPAs.
For more information, contact:
Fred Hunt, SPBA Active Past President, fred(at)spbatpa(dot)org or 301-718-7722
SPBA is the national association of Third Party Administration (TPA) firms that manage client employee benefit plans. It is estimated that 60% of U.S. workers and their dependents in non-federal health coverage are in plans administered by TPAs. The clients of TPA firms include every size and format of employment, including large and small employers, state/county/city plans, union, non-union, collectively bargained multiemployer plans, as well as most industries and professions.