FluidMechatronix™ is a state-of-the-art teaching system. It’s the only trainer of its kind to combine automation with a clear-view pumping circuit- allowing students to see into the machine, while operating!
Chetek, Wisconsin (PRWEB) September 23, 2015
U.S. manufacturing competitiveness is largely driven by advanced automation. Product quality, time-to-market and cost are significantly enhanced by modern devices and software. Robots, variable frequency drives, process-automation-controllers and computers are just a few of the devices that work together in advanced manufacturing fields that include oil refineries, automotive plants and food packaging.
“Hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs exist that employers can't seem to fill.” -Mike Rowe, American television host and narrator
Wisconsin based Turbine Technologies, Ltd. recognizes the large demand for skilled technicians and engineers by developing and manufacturing unique training devices. These turnkey systems teach students about energy and automation.
“We’re introducing a brand-new, one-of-a-kind process automation trainer that vastly improves current market offerings”, says Perry Kuznar, Principal Applications Engineer at Turbine Technologies. “FluidMechatronix™ is a state-of-the-art teaching system. It’s the only trainer of its kind to combine automation with a clear-view pumping circuit- allowing students to see into the machine, while operating!”
Utilizing water as the working fluid, along with interchangeable pump impellers, students are provided skills-based training in:
- Centrifugal pumps: Including data mapping and development of characteristic performance curves, along with viewing often discussed, but never seen flow cavitation
Control loops that include:
- Programmable Automation Controller (PAC/PLC) Programming: Featuring onboard Rockwell Automation Studio 5000™ ladder logic with PIDE Autotune, alarms, lock-out tag-out, etc.
- Human Machine Interface Programming (HMI): Large format touch screen with pre-installed Rockwell Automation FactoryTalk ViewME® v8.0
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD): Operation & control
- Ethernet communications: Set-up & networking over local area networks (LAN) & internet (subnets, IP address Classification, etc.)
Mr. Kuznar went on to say: “Our industry and educational advisory committee helped us develop a complete curriculum series that focuses on critical skills-based topics and our in-house design team really put an exciting spin on those topics. We’re extremely eager to start shipping the new FluidMechatronix™ trainer. The product is packaged so well and uses state of the art industrial hardware and software to accurately replicate an automated manufacturing environment.”
About Turbine Technologies, Ltd.
Turbine Technologies is a United States manufacturer of premier educational laboratory equipment. Our products offer engineering and technical education students unique learning opportunities via the manipulation and observation of thermal, fluid and mechatronic systems.