(PRWEB UK) 6 October 2015
Paragon Software Group, a leading multi-platform software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, announces the release of the Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English iOS app, developed by Oxford University Press, the world’s authority on the English language.
The app shows students the most frequently used word combinations (in both British and American English). Developing a better awareness of how words work together improves students’ accuracy and helps them produce more natural sounding English - enabling students to express their ideas convincingly and naturally.
The app is a great tool for improving students' writing - it is highly recommended for students preparing for exams or studying other subjects in English which require writing in English.
The key features of the Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English app
- 250,000 word combinations, 9000 nouns, verb and adjective collocations.
- 75,000 examples showing how collocations are used.
- 25 usage notes on collocations shared by words such as seasons, currencies, and language.
- 17 topic lists - grouping words in useful subject groups, such as business, clothes and food - which students can edit.
- Students can create and edit their own word lists.
- Unfamiliar with a word? Tap any word in the dictionary for a pop-up definition and pronunciation by real British and American voices.
Watch the app on YouTube
Watch the video demonstration of the Oxford Collocations Dictionary for Students of English app: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73jjX4jnUlw
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id993170499 Available for £21.99 GBP (28,99 €).
Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
About Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the world's largest university press, with a wide global reach. It currently publishes more than 6,000 new publications a year, has a presence in around fifty countries, and employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.
For more information or queries about the Oxford Collocations Dictionary for students of English iOS app, please contact elt.enquiry(at)oup(dot)com.