Orlando, Fla. (PRWEB) October 08, 2015
AmerisourceBergen’s annual manufacturer summit, ThinkLive 2015, concluded today with a general session that included presentations from key executives, an awards ceremony and a keynote speech by Dr. Kent Brantly, the American doctor who contracted Ebola while treating patients in Liberia and became the first person in the United States to be treated for the disease. The two-day conference in Orlando, Fla. provided expert insights through topical discussions around pressing industry issues and forward-thinking strategies to help manufacturers navigate changing market dynamics.
“As a global healthcare solutions leader, we are focused on the rapid changes in our evolving industry and the impact those changes are making around the world,” said AmerisourceBergen President and CEO Steve Collis. “ThinkLive is a moment in time for our company to connect with our manufacturer partners and collaborate to improve product access, enhance patient care and increase efficiency throughout the healthcare supply chain.”
Collis presented remarks during today’s general session along with Peyton Howell, President of Global Sourcing and Manufacturer Relations, who discussed the power of leveraging relationships to enhance access and reach patients across the globe. Additional highlights from the conference included:
Shaping Healthcare Delivery Award
AmerisourceBergen recognized Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute with the “Shaping Healthcare Delivery” award, which celebrates a customer that is making a positive impact on healthcare delivery and helping to shape the industry in innovative ways. Founded in 1984, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute is the largest independent medical oncology/hematology practice in the United States. With over 180 physicians, 130 nurse practitioners and physician assistants and over 90 locations, everyone at Florida Cancer is committed to providing world-class cancer care in community-based settings close to home.
“At Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute, everything we do starts with considering the patient experience first,” said Brad Prechtl, Chief Executive Officer, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute. “Receiving the 2015 Shaping Healthcare Delivery award is a true testament to our staff and the patients they care for every day, and we couldn’t be more proud.”
“In order for us to deliver the best care to our patients, we need to work with a distributor that keeps patients’ needs top of mind. AmerisourceBergen is exactly that type of trusted partner,” said Dr. William Harwin, President and Managing Partner of Florida Cancer Specialists. “We’ve collaborated with AmerisourceBergen’s ION Solutions Oncology Supply for many years and we value their commitment to independent physicians and practices. We’re honored to be their 2015 Shaping Healthcare Delivery award winner.”
Today’s general session also recognized manufacturers for excellence in multiple categories. Categories and winners were as follows:
- Manufacturer Excellence Award – Consumer: Becton Dickinson
- Manufacturer Excellence Award – Generics: Actavis
- Manufacturer Excellence Award – Brand/Specialty: UCB Pharma
- Trade Relations Leadership Award – Brand/Specialty: Peter Kamins, Merck and Company
- Trade Relations Leadership Award – Generics: Teri Coward, Teva
- Trade Relations Leadership Award – Consumer: Megan Kotalic, Crossmark
- Best Product Launch Award – Brand/Specialty: Harvoni, Gilead Sciences
- Excellence in Product Value and Innovation Award: Jay Watson & Erny Claxton, United Therapeutics Unituxin
- Commitment to Patient Care Award: Carol Scholz, Johnson and Johnson
Participants attended breakout discussions on industry trends, challenges and opportunities related to brand, specialty, generic and consumer products. Two highly attended sessions included:
- “A patient-centric approach to product commercialization” led by Amy Grogg, Senior Vice President of Strategy and Commercialization, AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group. The group discussed best practices to design and implement a commercialization strategy that coordinates and connects all healthcare stakeholders and is built around the diverse issues that impact patients at each phase of the treatment journey
- “Driving product awareness and performance among a dynamic customer base” facilitated by Scott Robinson, Vice President, Product Strategy and Communication, AmerisourceBergen Switzerland. The session covered topics ranging from how perceptions of community pharmacy impact product commercialization to how pharmacists view the generics market
Chief Marketing Officer of AmerisourceBergen, Gina Clark, moderated a panel discussion with Bob Mauch, President of AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation; James Frary, President of AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group; Jim Cleary, President of MWI Animal Health; and Howell. The panel focused on how AmerisourceBergen delivers unexpected value throughout the supply chain and on the promise of pharmaceutical care through offerings such as clinical trial logistics and reimbursement support and continued investments in IT and infrastructure.
ThinkLive is an annual conference hosted by AmerisourceBergen that is focused on providing pharmaceutical manufacturers with integrated, forward-thinking and patient-centric solutions to help maximize success at every stage of the product life cycle.
AmerisourceBergen is one of the largest global pharmaceutical sourcing and distribution services companies, helping both healthcare providers and pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers improve patient access to products and enhance patient care. With services ranging from drug distribution and niche premium logistics to reimbursement and pharmaceutical consulting services, AmerisourceBergen delivers innovative programs and solutions across the pharmaceutical supply channel in human and animal health. With over $120 billion in annual revenue, AmerisourceBergen is headquartered in Valley Forge, PA, and employs approximately 16,000 people. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #16 on the Fortune 500 list. For more information, go to http://www.amerisourcebergen.com.