Rockville, MD (PRWEB) October 22, 2015
MailerMailer has recently published its 2015 Email Marketing Metrics Report. The report offers insight into the state of the email marketing industry through a series of colorful, interactive charts. Its findings, along with other trends and statistics, provide valuable benchmarks to email marketers, along with suggestions for improving the performance of their email marketing campaigns.
This year's report features data from approximately 1.1 billion messages which comprised 56,000 campaigns sent between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014. Metrics such as open, click, click-to-open, and bounce rates were measured over 33 industries, and also cross-sectioned with data related to scheduling, personalization, and subject lines.
Here are a few takeaways from this year's report:
- For both halves of 2014, open rates were slightly higher, and click rates were slightly lower.
- Click-to-open rates continued to decline, as they have for the past few years.
- Bounce rates improved across the board, with 63.4% of the industries earning an average bounce rate of 1% or lower.
- Mondays experienced the highest average open rates for both halves of the year.
- Click rates peaked on Mondays and Fridays during H1, and on Sundays in H2.
- Messages sent between 6 p.m. and 2 a.m. yielded the highest open and click rates.
- Recipients generally opened messages within the first few hours of the day.
- Emails where the content was personalized, but not the subject line, produced the highest open and click rates.
- The words most popularly used within subject lines related to deals and events or timeliness.
You can view the complete report at: https://www.mailermailer.com/resources/metrics/index.rwp
As trends change, email marketers must refine their strategies based on the research and reports available to them, as well as their own testing. "Our goal is to provide organizations with solid benchmark statistics and clear evidence of industry trends so that they can make informed decisions about their own email marketing strategy," says Raj Khera CEO and co-Founder of MailerMailer LLC.
Founded in 2001 by Raj Khera and Vivek Khera, MailerMailer provides an award-winning email marketing service. MailerMailer lets customers create professional-looking newsletters in a matter of minutes and then track their success with advanced reporting. A free trial of this service is available now at http://www.mailermailer.com.
MailerMailer also offers a service called Presstacular. With Presstacular, customers can publish their IT marketing newsletter and blog instantly using a library of pre-written articles.
Over the years, MailerMailer has earned several awards. These include, among others, Stevie Awards for both Content Integration Product of the Year and Computer Services, the Apex Award for Publication Excellence, the Magnum Opus Special Recognition Award for Outstanding Achievement in Custom Media, and the International Academy of the Visual Arts Communicator Award of Excellence.