Schedule bi-annual roof checkups once the weather breaks in spring and before winter to keep a close eye on any possibility of lifted shingles, debris, and damage.
Columbus, OH (PRWEB) October 22, 2015
Brian Davis, owner of Davis Roofing, a Columbus Ohio roofing company, has released five tips for homeowners to help prevent winter roof damage. In the tips sheet, the Columbus Ohio Roofing Contractor provides steps for maintenance and an explanation of how the materials can corrode if not properly inspected and replaced when necessary.
Columbus Ohio Roofing Company, Davis Roofing works with homeowners throughout the region, often performing complete roof replacements. However, Brian Davis, owner and founder, is also passionate about helping homeowners prevent replacements through ongoing preventative care. To assist homeowners, Davis released a quick tip sheet to review as the winter months approach—the most challenging time of year for Columbus, Ohio roofs based on the enormous amount of snow, sleet, and hail the region receives.
Davis comments, “While I am in the business of roof replacements, the last thing I want to see is a client in need of a complete overhaul years too early because basic maintenance was never performed.”
Davis stresses, “Schedule bi-annual roof checkups once the weather breaks in spring and before winter to keep a close eye on any possibility of lifted shingles, debris, and damage. One lifted shingle can trap moisture and have a domino effect and damage surrounding shingles, not to mention cause decay in the wood below.”
The Columbus OH roofing company offers the following guidance on materials and maintenance:
1. Flashing and pipe boots must be inspected and resealed every five to ten years. The Columbus Ohio roofing contractor advises homeowners to take this maintenance step seriously, as this can literally save thousands in the long run.
2. The Columbus Ohio Roofing Repair Company advises clients to enlist a contractor that drills down to detail. Any potential sign of nail pops should be examined because they will cause leaks and penetrate through the shingle causing moisture seepage.
3. Have chimney, skylights, and plumbing vents inspected regularly. Each element and penetrations of the roof structure can provide a gateway for moisture.
4. Have gutters inspected and repaired annually. Gutters can be a huge source of water leakage and debris that will cause damage to the roof. Gutters must be installed by a professional so that the structure is tightly fastened, flashed and sloped properly.
5. Enlist a roofer with a drone. A free drone inspection can give the roofer a full scope of the roof for a more thorough inspection.
For more information on roofing maintenance or a roof replacement, contact Brian Davis at Davis Roofing at 614-205-1776.
About Davis Roofing, Columbus Ohio Roofing Company
Davis Roofing offers Columbus homeowners quality materials and service through an experienced crew.The Columbus OH roofing company offers roof repair and replacement, siding gutter repair and installation, and emergency repairs and tarping. For a free estimate, visit http://www.columbusohioroofing.com or call 614-205-1776.
This press release was crafted and distributed by Green eSolutions. Green eSolutions is an internet marketing team of professionals with a passion for technology, design, brand awareness, and innovative strategies for reaching audiences throughout the country.