From their touch-screen interface to video feeds to remote contact center personnel, today’s ATMs are often filling many of the roles of traditional tellers, at least for day-to-day transactions.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) October 28, 2015
In new research, 2015 ATM Market Benchmark Report, Mercator Advisory Group reviews how the ATM channel has become the foundation for an increasing number of interactions with financial institutions and their customers and members.
“Today’s ATMs are fast becoming the face of the institution for many banking customers. From their touch-screen interface to video feeds to remote contact center personnel, today’s ATMs are often filling many of the roles of traditional tellers, at least for day-to-day transactions,” comments Ed O’Brien, director of Mercator Advisory Group’s Banking Channels Advisory Service and author of the report.
Highlights of this report include:
- Comparison of rates of ATM growth in various world regions
- Market share of leading ATM deployers in the U.S. by type
- Examples of various ATM capabilities in use at financial institutions such as intelligent deposit ATMs that free-up branch personnel for increased engagement with banking customers.
- Discussion of increased efficiencies and increased customer engagement and satisfaction available with new features for self- and assisted-service, including video connection to remote subject matter experts
- Mercator Advisory Group CustomerMonitor Survey results on trends in U.S. consumers’ ATM use, including use of their own banks’ ATMs versus other ATMs and other means of getting cash; frequency of ATM use; use of mobile deposit; willingness to pay for ATM convenience; willingness to try teller-assisted videoconferencing
- Discussion of banks’ investments in ATMs as part of a larger initiative of building out a customer-centric omnichannel banking environment
This report is 25 pages long and has 17 exhibits.
Organizations mentioned in this report include: Bank of America, Chase, Citi, Cardtronics, Co-Op Financial Services, Diebold, Elan MoneyPass, NCR, Payments Alliance International, and Wincor Nixdorf.
Members of Mercator Advisory Group Banking Channels Advisory Service have access to this report as well as the upcoming research for the year ahead, presentations, analyst access and other membership benefits.
Please visit us online at http://www.mercatoradvisorygroup.com.
For more information and media inquiries, please call Mercator Advisory Group's main line: (781) 419-1700, send email to media(at)mercatoradvisorygroup(dot)com.
For free industry news, opinions, research, company information and more visit us at http://www.PaymentsJournal.com.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/MercatorAdvisor.
About Mercator Advisory Group
Mercator Advisory Group is the leading independent research and advisory services firm exclusively focused on the payments and banking industries. We deliver pragmatic and timely research and advice designed to help our clients uncover the most lucrative opportunities to maximize revenue growth and contain costs. Our clients range from the world's largest payment issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and associations to leading technology providers and investors. Mercator Advisory Group is also the publisher of the online payments and banking news and information portal PaymentsJournal.com.