This new platform is ideal for a photo wall app and we already had a blueprint to work from. Because tvOS is very similar to iOS, it was not too hard to take what we had developed for PartySnapper and derive the new PhotoWall+ app from it.
Puchheim, Germany (PRWEB) December 08, 2015
As technophiles around the world begin setting up the latest generation Apple TV, PhotoWall+ by Boinx Software becomes one of the first apps ready for tvOS. Using PhotoWall+ for tvOS with the companion iOS app PhotoWall+ Camera, event organizers and party hosts can instantly transform any environment, from raging party to corporate conference, into a photo sharing experience. Tapping into the capabilities of the brand new Apple TV App Store, PhotoWall+ feeds pictures taken with the PhotoWall+ Camera iOS app directly to a monitor connected to an Apple TV 4. All the pictures are collected and stored on PhotoWall+, and can be accessed via the iCloud.
“When Apple announced the new Apple TV would have third party apps, we got very excited,” says Oliver Breidenbach, CEO of Boinx Software. “This new platform is ideal for a photo wall app and we already had a blueprint to work from. Because tvOS is very similar to iOS, it was not too hard to take what we had developed for PartySnapper and derive the new PhotoWall+ app from it.”
For those who are curious about the relationship between PartySnapper on iOS and PhotoWall+ on the Apple TV, check out the blog post here: https://boinx.com/blog/post/rebooting-partysnapper-as-photowall-on-apple-tv/.
Where to use PhotoWall+?
PhotoWall+ is the perfect way to keep guests engaged at just about any gathering, be it social or even corporate. Guests will love being able to share photos instantly with their fellow companions, and it’s a great way to bring an element of fun to more formal settings. PhotoWall+ can be used in a wide variety of scenarios, including:
- Weddings! An app basically invented for weddings, PhotoWall+ is the best way to showcase a wedding right as it’s happening. Let guests capture every moment of the big day, then show them throughout the evening. The display of photos will add an engaging and fun visual element to a day not to forget.
- And on that note…any party one can think of. Birthday parties, office parties, Halloween, New Year’s Eve - you name it. With PhotoPlus, partiers can show off every crazy moment of the night.
- Food and drink establishments. Many bars, clubs and restaurants have monitors set up; why not let patrons contribute to the visuals? Whether it’s sharing pictures of people breaking it down on the dancefloor, shots of a delicious meal, or even a selfie, customers will love being able to show off the fun they’re having.
- Trade shows and office buildings. Just because it’s business doesn’t mean users can’t have some fun with it! Professionals attending a conference or trade show can share pictures they snap right from the expo hall floor, showing off the latest discoveries. And what better way to build workplace camaraderie than by showcasing fun moments at the office for all to see?
- Tracking progress in the classroom. Kids love to show off their work and get recognized by their peers. PhotoWall+ provides the perfect platform for sharing and discussing work, providing constructive feedback, tracking progress and rewarding achievements. Plus, it gives students a chance to get their hands on their favorite techie devices - now what kid wouldn’t love that?
- Anything one can imagine. There really are no limits to how and where PhotoWall+ can be used. If you can think it up, you can probably do it!
How does PhotoWall+ work?
Using PhotoWall+ is easy. Event organizers use PhotoWall+ to host, display and collect all incoming photos. All participants can download PhotoWall+ Camera for free to contribute to the display. Find out how easy is to set up an engaging slideshow using PhotoWall+ - send images directly to Apple TV, speed it up, slow it down, customize picture transitions, and in the end, have all event photos saved in one convenient place.
PhotoWall+ Pricing and Availability: Get it Now for Just $0.99 - 48 Hours Only!
PhotoWall+ will be available on Tuesday December 8, 2015 for USD 4.99, but for 48 hours only, until December 10th, it will be available at the intro price of just USD 0.99. PhotoWall+ Camera is available as a free download on the AppStore.
Request a Media Review Kit
Members of the media are invited to review PhotoWall+. Please note that reviewers must have access to an Apple TV 4 in order to review this app. For more information, please contact Anya Nelson. For press images, please visit https://boinx.com/press/media/.
About Boinx Software
Located in Puchheim, near Munich, Germany, Boinx Software Ltd. develops award-winning animation, video production and photography software for the Mac® platform and iOS devices including the iPhone®, iPad® and iPod®. Honored with numerous Apple Design Awards and coveted spots on the Mac App Store’s Best Apps of the Year list, the extensive family of Boinx apps includes iStopMotion for Mac, iStopMotion for iPad, FotoMagico, mimoLive (formerly BoinxTV), Mouseposé, You Gotta See This!, PhotoPresenter for iOS, and PhotoWall+ for tvOS Boinx’s newest social photo wall for sharing and saving crowd-sourced photos. Boinx Software has also been instrumental in the developmental processes of popular apps including Heads Up!, Ellen DeGeneres’s charades party game, and the Leica T iPhone and iPad app, the elegant remote companion to the Leica T digital camera.
Follow @boinxsoftware on Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit the Boinx Software website.