Pekin, IL (PRWEB) December 22, 2015
The International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (iaedp) Foundation’s 2016 Symposium, slated for February 17 – 21, 2016 at the Omni on Amelia Island, Florida, features keynote speakers who are among the world’s most renowned medical experts in the treatment of eating disorders.
“Our mission is to present the leading authorities in research and treatment of eating disorders and co-occurring addictions with the intent to generate greater understanding among professionals and promote effective treatment for patients,” said Bonnie Harken, Managing Director at The iaedp Foundation.
During the 2016 Symposium, the keynote speaker line-up will provide their innovative presentations to the more than 600 expected to attend the 2016 conference. The six keynote speakers are:
1. S. Roy Erlichman, PhD - “Mission Impossible: Remaining Hopeful When the Case Is Not”
2. Rachel Yehuda, PhD – “Intergenerational Effects of Trauma”
3. Margo Maine, PhD – “Invisible Women: Treating Eating Disorders at Midlife and Beyond”
4. Francine Lapides, MFT – “Working Implicitly in Psychotherapy: What Decades of Neuroscience Study Has Taught Me about Being a Psychotheropist”
5. Steven Porges, PhD – “Eating Disorders Through the Lens of the Polyvagal Theory”
6. Mary Bellofatto, MA – “Renewing Your Passion, Protection from Burn-Out and Compassion Fatigue”
“There is no other opportunity for professionals in the field to hear all of these speakers in one place. The 2016 iaedp Symposium should not be missed by any professional in the field of eating disorders,” said Harken.
For information early registration for the 2016 iaedp Symposium, go to iaedp.com.
Since 1985, the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals Foundation has provided education and training standards to an international and multidisciplinary group of various healthcare treatment providers and helping professions.