“It's a true honor to be acknowledged and receive the “Best Credit Unions to Work For” in the nation award. This designation serves as a reminder of our commitment to recognize our employees and provide exceptional member service..." stated Patty Kimmel.
Woodbridge, VA (PRWEB) September 22, 2015
Belvoir Federal Credit Union has been named one of the 2015 “Best Credit Unions to Work For” in the nation. The Credit Union Journal partnered with Best Companies Group to identify credit unions that have exceeded in creating quality workplaces for employees.
The survey and award program is designed to identify, recognize, and honor the best credit unions throughout the nation. Belvoir Federal ranked number 3 out of the 45 credit unions that earned a spot in the second annual ranking of “Best Credit Unions to Work For” and number 2 in our asset category of $200M - $500M.
To be considered for participation, credit unions had to meet three eligibility requirements: Have at least 25 employees working in the United States, Be in business at least 1 year, and fall into a category based upon asset size (under $200M, $200M-$500M, $500M-$1B, or over $1B).
In early 2015, The Credit Union Journal invited credit unions of all asset sizes from across the nation to participate (at no cost) in a study conducted by the Best Companies Group, which yielded the ranking of credit unions. The study reviewed employer reports on benefits, policies, practices, and demographics (which was 25% of the overall score), along with extensive employee surveys aimed at assessing the experiences and attitudes of individual employees with respect to their workplace (the remaining 75% of the score) to generate the rankings.
According to The Credit Union Journal’s interview with Patricia (Patty) Kimmel, President/CEO of Belvoir Federal, she stated “employees are the CU’s first priority.” Patty hosts semi-annual meetings with each department throughout the credit union to increase morale, foster better communication through the sharing of information and ideas, and implement recommendations from staff to improve processes and procedures.
“It is a true honor to be acknowledged and receive the “Best Credit Unions to Work For” in the nation award. This designation serves as a reminder of our commitment to recognize our employees and provide exceptional member service. When your employees are happy, the service members receive can only be better,” stated Patty.
About Best Places to Work For
The Credit Union Journal teamed up with Best Companies Group to develop a ranking of the best credit unions to work for in the nation. For more information on the Best Credit Unions to Work For, visit http://www.BestCreditUnionstoWorkFor.com.
About Belvoir Federal Credit Union
Belvoir Federal is a member-owned, full-service financial institution that provides the foundation for the financial success of our Members. Belvoir Federal, a not-for-profit organization, has served the Fort Belvoir and U.S. Armed Forces community since 1946 and named 2014 and 2015 Best Places to Work in Virginia. For more information about Belvoir Federal, please visit http://www.BelvoirCreditUnion.org.