When we designed this app, we set out to create a resource that would not only do justice to the wealth of content in the original book, but would deliver it in the handy, responsive, and portable-friendly format that today’s family practitioners need.
(PRWEB) January 06, 2016
Springer Publishing Company is bringing family practitioners a powerful new tool for their smartphones and tablets, with the release of the new Family Practice Guidelines app. Adapted from the acclaimed Family Practice Guidelines by Jill Cash and Cheryl Glass, and designed for family practitioners at all levels - family nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and more - the app provides quick and convenient access at a tap of the screen to family practice clinical guidelines, procedures and patient teaching guides. The app is currently available for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch), with an Android release due in 2016.
Said Pascal Schwarzer, Vice President, Digital Business Development at Springer Publishing: “When we designed this app, we set out to create a resource that would not only do justice to the wealth of content in the original book, but would deliver it in the handy, responsive, and portable-friendly format that today’s family practitioners need. The result reflects our dedication to bringing our experience in health care publication to a fast-changing digital market.”
Features of the app include:
- Up-to-date guidelines all in one place - Clear, concise, and well-organized guidelines are easy to read.
- Find what you need FAST: Easy to quickly search entries and find the information practitioners need to help patients.
- Search beyond just the title - Search algorithm is optimized to look for medical terminology within the entire entry
- Patient Teaching Guides for patients – Easily share PDF guides for patients via email, iMessage, SMS, or printing
- Organized entries - Each entry is broken up by section for quick and simple navigation
- No Internet connection required - Works in basements, elevators, and areas of low cellular or internet connectivity
- 20 areas of focus including: Health Maintenance, Cardiovascular, Gynecologic, Infectious Disease, Pain Management, Psychiatric, Sexually Transmitted Infections, and more!
About Springer Publishing Company
A pioneer in health care and social science publishing, Springer Publishing Company is known as an innovative publisher in the fields of nursing, social work, psychology, counseling, public health, health administration, gerontology, and, under the Demos Medical imprint, clinical medicine. The company has won numerous awards, including the American Library Association (ALA) Choice Awards, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) PROSE Awards, and the American Journal of Nursing (AJN) Book of the Year Awards, and publishes 150 quality titles annually, all available as eBooks, in addition to 21 journals, mobile apps, and digital products. Springer Publishing Company is passionate about providing the best professional books, textbooks, guides, and reference works to professionals, instructors, and students. For more information, visit http://www.springerpub.com.