“We focused on making the software work how attorneys expect it to work,” Kennedy said. “The response has been phenomenal. Most lawyers who use our platform say they’ll never go back to using paper.”
Lawrence, Kansas (PRWEB) January 12, 2016
eDepoze announced today the release of Lexcity™, a new software platform that allows attorneys to conduct all litigation events after e-discovery electronically, including witness prep sessions, depositions, hearings, mediations, trials, and arbitrations. With Lexcity, case teams have a single place where they can use electronic case documents in each of those events, collaborating together and moving seamlessly from event to event as the case proceeds. For each event, custom workflows in the software ensure that lawyers can use documents in Lexcity just like they always have worked with paper.
While lawyers often use sophisticated software to collect, process and review documents during the eDiscovery process, the phases of litigation following eDiscovery remain heavily reliant on paper documents that must be printed for each event and later scanned for storage in an online environment. Lexcity solves that problem for the first time with the following capabilities and features:
- Upload electronic case documents and media into Lexcity, including directly from a Relativity® eDiscovery database.
- Prepare for case events with individual and shared access to collections of documents.
- Provide a witness with private access to review documents online when getting ready to testify.
- Conduct a deposition by marking and distributing exhibits electronically using a laptop or tablet.
- Present and distribute exhibits in trial or at an arbitration hearing.
- Participate in events locally or remotely, with full mobile access.
- Eliminates the need to print and copy paper exhibits, arrange them in binders, or ship them to remote locations, providing substantial cost savings to law firms and their clients.
- Top-level security vetted by numerous law firms, government agencies, and corporations.
“Our vision for Lexcity is to provide an end-to-end solution for lawyers to use during the critical phase of litigation after they have collected and exchanged their documentary evidence, and it’s time to put that evidence to use” said eDepoze COO Thadd Hale, a veteran of the eDiscovery industry. “You see huge efficiency gains when everything is included in one platform, not to mention the cost savings our clients see when they move away from all the paper.”
In developing Lexcity, the company leaned on the experience of CEO Shawn Kennedy, an attorney who spent twelve years litigating complex commercial cases with two large firms. “We focused on making the software work how attorneys expect it to work, while still making everything simple and intuitive from a design standpoint,” Kennedy said. “The response has been phenomenal. Most lawyers who use our platform say they’ll never go back to using paper.”
To learn more about the Lexcity platform, or to schedule a demonstration, visit http://lexcity.com.
eDepoze, LLC is a legal software company whose industry-leading software system, Lexcity™, is a collaborative, cloud-based platform that brings new efficiencies to the disordered and paper-intensive phase of litigation following eDiscovery. Lexcity allows attorneys to mark, distribute and present electronic exhibits and other media during depositions, witness prep sessions, arbitrations, trials, hearings, and mediations, whether those events are attended in person or remotely. Litigation teams can use Lexcity to collaborate together as they go from event to event, with all their files organized in one place. eDepoze is headquartered in Lawrence, Kansas. For more information, visit eDepoze.com.
arobinson (at) edepoze.com