“What matters most to today’s medical sales reps, apart from compensation, is to find a company with a product line they believe in.” - Karyn Mullins, Executive Vice President and General Manager at MedReps
Alpharetta, GA (PRWEB) January 13, 2016
A recent survey by MedReps (http://www.medreps.com/), a job board for medical sales representatives, revealed Johnson & Johnson as the overall best medical sales company to work for. Medtronic and Stryker also topped this year’s list.
The 5th Annual Best Places to Work in Medical Sales survey, which polled more than 1,400 members of the MedReps community, also provides insight about the qualities and values medical sales representatives find most important in a potential employer, including strong product line, competitive compensation, and commitment to innovation, research, and development.
“While, not surprisingly, the biggest, most well-known companies came out on top, the number of medical sales reps voting for smaller, lesser-known companies is on the rise,” said Karyn Mullins, Executive Vice President and General Manager at MedReps. “Companies of all types and sizes received votes, giving us -- and job seekers -- a variety of top medical companies to consider.”
Notable findings from the survey include:
- Johnson & Johnson was ranked as the overall best medical sales company to work for, with Medtronic and Stryker ranked as second and third, respectively.
- The majority of respondents (63 percent) prefer to work for a company whose primary products are medical devices or equipment.
- More than half of respondents (52 percent) said a strong product line is the most important factor when evaluating top medical sales companies, followed by commitment to innovation, research and development (30 percent).
- When asked about corporate culture and employee growth, respondents gave competitive compensation (66 percent) and work-life balance (62 percent) the highest importance.
- While 72 percent of survey respondents said they are very or somewhat satisfied with their jobs, nearly half (47 percent) of respondents said they are likely to leave their job in the next year.
“Medical sales professionals have a wide array of choices when it comes to deciding where to work,” Mullins said. “What matters most to today’s medical sales reps, apart from compensation, is to find a company with a product line they believe in.”
For more information from this survey, click here: https://www.medreps.com/medical-sales-careers/best-places-to-work/.
MedReps is owned and operated by Healthcare Staffing Technologies. As the leading job site in its niche, MedReps gives members access to the most sought after medical sales jobs and pharmaceutical sales jobs on the web. Members have access to approximately 8,000 jobs and can apply directly to the recruiters and hiring managers who post them. For more information on the No. 1 site for medical sales, marketing, and management careers, please visit MedReps.com.