Trumbull, Connecticut (PRWEB) January 15, 2016
University Business magazine and UBTech 2016 announce the launch of 2016 Harman Innovation Awards at UBTech, a national recognition program that celebrates the innovative use of audio-visual and IT technology at higher education institutions.
The awards will honor innovation in five categories:
- Campus Impact - Projects incorporating audio, video, control and/or lighting elements that touch on the entire campus by improving communication, building community, and increasing prestige.
- Classroom Design and Implementation - Projects using audio-visual elements to improve the dynamics of everyday instruction and learning beyond simple technology installations.
- Audio Experience - Projects demonstrating how audio technology is used to improve or create an effective learning environment.
- Video in the Learning Space - Projects demonstrating how video delivery technology is used to improve or create an effective learning environment.
- Active Learning Space - Projects featuring an active, “hands on” learning space involving technology that is implemented to make the space work for all learners.
The winner in each category will receive $25,000 of product from Harman and its subsidiary brands, and will be recognized at UBTech 2016 in Las Vegas, as well as in University Business magazine. The award program is open to all colleges and universities, regardless of existing vendor relationships.
Applications can be submitted at http://www.universitybusiness.com/innovationawards. The entry deadline is March 31, 2016.
“We are very pleased to continue our hosting of the Harman Innovation Awards at UBTech,” said JD Solomon, editorial director of University Business. “The award program is a highlight of our UBTech conference, where higher ed technology leaders converge to learn about innovation and best practices in their field.”
The 2016 Harman Innovation Awards at UBTech will be presented at The Mirage in Las Vegas on June 6, 2016 during the opening of UBTech 2016.
Ray Bendici, University Business
rbendici(at)promediagrp(dot)com (203) 663-0139