Framingham, MA (PRWEB) January 28, 2016
KGA, Inc., a leading Employee Assistance and Work-Life firm, has selected the Top 10 wellbeing apps for the second year in a row. The apps, which address behavioral change, divorce, money management and wellbeing, were chosen based on five criteria: their potential use as an adjunct to counseling, customer reviews and ratings, ease of use, number of downloads and price.
“We have watched the development of behavioral health apps very closely over the last few years,” says Seth Moeller, KGA President. “There are so many options, it’s difficult for employers to know which might be most helpful to their employees. In our opinion, these ten apps provide the best paths employees can follow on their own to enhance their overall wellbeing.”
The KGA 2016 Top 10 include:
1. Calm – Sleep improvement through mini-meditation and relaxation sessions
2. Divorceworks – Help with the challenges of divorce, including grieving and letting go
3. Headspace – Daily 10-minute meditation and mindfulness exercises
4. Lose it – Daily calorie budget-setting, plus food and exercise tracking
5. Mint – Money management, with tracking, spending and saving assistance
6. My Mood Tracker Lite – Easy-to-follow mood and emotion tracking
7. Pacifica – Stress management using cognitive behavioral tools
8. Quit That! – Recovery tracking for quitting smoking, drinking and other bad habits
9. Relax Melodies – Soothing melodies to promote relaxation and enhance sleep
10. Whil – Mindfulness sessions for managing anxiety and sharpening focus
“Our Top Ten apps offer an easy and anonymous way for someone with a mental, emotional or physical health issue to receive help,” says Alison Magee, KGA Senior Vice President of Clinical Services. “17.5%* of employees are disengaged at work due to these issues and approximately 18.5%** of adults have a diagnosable mental condition.”
“Beyond the devastating personal consequences, these challenges cost American companies billions each year. Apps like these, and other wellbeing guides, provide friendly tools that people can use to address their personal challenges and move toward healthier, happier lives.”
Additional information about each of the Top 10 apps is available here or by contacting KGA at info(at)kgreer(dot)com or 800-648-9557.
About KGA, Inc.
KGA is a Human Resources services firm, founded in 1982, that helps organizations create and sustain a healthy, engaged and productive workforce. Our services are tailored to each client’s distinct needs and include a robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Work Life program, training, crisis management, wellbeing services, and other essential HR solutions. With an emphasis on integrity, responsiveness and respect, we proudly serve over 100 organizations in a wide range of industries, supporting hundreds of thousands of employees and family members nationwide and around the globe.
**National Institute of Health, 2013