Back for the sixth year in a row, the SF/Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show will be the largest to date and is a smart, cost-effective way for savvy travelers to find, plan and book their dream vacation.
Santa Clara, Calif. (PRWEB) January 28, 2016
The 2016 SF/Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show, part of the No. 1 travel show series in the U.S., returns to the Santa Clara Convention Center, March 5-6, with an impressive line-up of keynote speakers, travel industry experts, global performers and renowned chefs. Confirmed participants include Rick Steves, America's leading authority on European travel; Travel Channel host Samantha Brown; Jerry Stone, the popular food blogger; and Ben Simon, chief executive officer of Imperfect Produce, among others.
“We are thrilled to welcome the world’s leading travel, food and cultural experts to the SF/Bay Area Travel and Adventure Show,” said John Golicz, chief executive officer and founder. “Our team has curated an entertaining, interactive show that will provide unparalleled travel education to help travelers enhance their next domestic or international adventure.“
The 2016 SF/Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show will feature the following keynote speakers:
- Rick Steves, chief executive officer of “Rick Steves’ Europe,” guidebook author, PBS travel host and America's leading authority on European travel
- Samantha Brown, Travel Channel host
- Pauline Frommer, editorial director of the Frommer Guides and publisher of Frommers.com
- Doug McConnell, host of “OpenRoad” on NBC Bay Area and former host of the legendary, "Bay Area Backroads," the longest-running television series in Bay Area broadcast history
Wanderlust travelers can attend the Destination Theater for the following locale-specific workshops to draw inspiration and gain insider knowledge:
- The Islands of Tahiti are Closer Than You Think
- Beyond the Cruise: The Inside Scoop on Alaska Adventures
- Adventure, Discovery and Tranquility in Costa Rica
- Adventures in Australia & New Zealand
Additionally, there will be a special presentation by Paul Wiseman, president of Trafalgar USA, as well as seminars hosted by the Nevada Commission, Philippine Office of Tourism, Fiji and the Yosemite/Mariposa County Tourism Bureau.
At the Savvy Traveler Theater, guests can also gain valuable tips and tricks at the following seminars for traveling smarter, more safely and with fewer hassles:
- Travel Smart with Technology with Angel Castellanos
- A Guide to Better Travel Photography with Ralph Velasco
- Explore What’s Unique About Cruises & Land Vacations
- Packing Light with Jon Holloway
- Maximize Your National Parks Experience
- TravelSquire & The Travel Therapist
The 2016 SF/Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show boasts a variety of global culture and entertainment. The Global Beats Stage offers culturally diverse music and dance performances while the Taste of Travel Stage, hosted by Chef Garth Blackburn and Amy Kushnir, provides visitors with insights from professional foodies and a taste of local, regional and global cuisine prepared by local chefs. Specials guests will include:
- Jerry Stone, food and wine blogger (Cooking Stoned and Green Wine Guide)
- Ben Simon – chief executive officer, Imperfect Produce
- Allan Karl, motorcycle adventure traveler, photographer and bestselling author of “FORKS—A Quest for Culture, Cuisine, and Connection”
- Chef Garth Blackburn, Sub-Zero Wolf in Dallas and Houston, Texas
- Amy Kushnir, host of “Taste Texas” and author of “Red Dirt Recipes”
- Sergio Monleón and Emily Sarlatte, chefs/owners, La Marcha, Berkeley, Calif.
Travel enthusiasts can also look forward to the opportunity to meet with more than 200 of the world’s top travel providers and access to exclusive once-in-a-lifetime travel deals, prizes and trip giveaways. Back for the sixth year in a row, the SF/Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show will be the largest to date and is a smart, cost-effective way for savvy travelers to find, plan and book their dream vacation.
The 2016 SF/Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show takes place at the Santa Clara Convention Center (5001 Great America Highway, Santa Clara, Calif.) March 5-6. On Saturday, March 5, the show opens at 9:30 a.m. for travel professionals, with general public hours set from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Sunday, March 6, the show floor is open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Single day tickets ($16) and two-day tickets ($25) can be purchased at TravelShows.com/shows/san-francisco-bay-area/. Children 16 and under are admitted free of charge.
Sponsors of the 2016 SF/Bay Area Travel & Adventure Show include Tourism Fiji, “Rick Steves’ Europe,” Sunset magazine, Wonderful Indonesia and the Yosemite Experience Pavilion.
About Unicomm and the Travel & Adventure Show
Unicomm, LLC is an independent media and events company specializing in originating and managing world-class trade shows, conferences and digital properties. Unicomm’s properties include the nation’s largest and longest running series of travel events, the Travel & Adventure Show in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco/Bay Area, Washington, D.C., San Diego and Philadelphia, and 1000TravelTips.com.