Tallmadge, OH (PRWEB) February 04, 2016
Summit Racing now offers the latest PowerPak Piston and Ring Kits. Using what it learned developing parts for professional race teams, Mahle created PowerPak kits suited for a wide variety of performance engine applications.
The PowerPak kits include forged pistons made from 4032 aluminum alloy, which allows for tighter cylinder to wall clearances and improved temperature stability. The piston skirts get Mahle’s GRAFAL® coating to reduce drag, piston noise, scuffing, friction, and cylinder bore wear. A dry lubricant phosphate coating in the pin bores and ring grooves helps prevent galling and microwelding during initial engine startup and break-in.
Other piston features include:
- Lightweight slipper skirt forgings
- Fully-machined crown
- Pin bores finished on CNC boring equipment
- Fully deburred
Rounding out a PowerPak kit is a set of high performance, low drag 1.5mm-1.5mm-3.0mm piston rings (1/16-1/16-3/16 inch for most big block V8s), steel piston pins, and race-proven round wire locks.
Summit Racing also offers these Mahle PowerPak kits for racing use:
- PowerPak Plus Piston and Ring Kits for dedicated race engines feature forged pistons made from extra-strong 2618 aluminum alloy
- Wissota PowerPak Plus Piston and Ring Kits for sportsman-level circle track racers feature gas ported pistons for improved sealing, which results in more horsepower
- Twisted Wedge® PowerPak Piston Kits are designed for use with Trick Flow Twisted Wedge cylinder heads for small block Ford
Summit Racing carries a large selection of Mahle PowerPak Piston and Ring Kits for V8 engines including late model GM LS, Ford Modular, and Chrysler Hemi. We also offer PowerPak Plus kits for later model Honda, Subaru, Nissan, and Mitsubishi four-cylinder engines.
Summit Racing Equipment