"When we started Power Tour as a simple adventure for the Hot Rod editors in 1995, we never could have guessed that it would become the mammoth event it is today.”
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) February 11, 2016
The 22nd annual HOT ROD Power Tour returns in 2016 with exciting new features for auto enthusiasts worldwide as the highly anticipated seven-day, seven-city journey is expected to bring together more than 6,000 vehicles and upwards of 125,000 spectators June 11-17, 2016. Those interested in joining the excitement can register now at http://www.hotrod.com/events/power-tour/.
Presented by Chevrolet Performance and driven by Continental Tire, HOT ROD Power Tour is widely considered to be the finest high-end automotive tour in the world, bringing to life the pages of HOT ROD magazine as performance car lovers join HOT ROD editors and photographers cruising through small town America. Enthusiasts from around the world celebrate as HOT ROD Power Tour welcomes all makes and models of hot rods, street rods, custom trucks, muscle cars, and performance machines of every vintage and nameplate. For many, HOT ROD Power Tour is the ultimate vacation with friends and family. Those who travel from start to finish are considered the “Long Haulers,” a title they proudly boast. The 2016 HOT ROD Power Tour anticipates more than 2,100 long-haul vehicles and more than 3,500 “Long Haulers” on tour.
"When we started Power Tour as a simple adventure for the Hot Rod editors in 1995, we never could have guessed that it would become the mammoth event it is today,” said David Freighburger, The Enthusiast Network’s senior vice president of content strategy. “Hot rodders plan their years around it, manufacturers plan their marketing around it, and cities brace for it when tens of thousands of gearheads come to town!"
Seven Cities, Seven Days
The 2016 HOT ROD Power Tour will kick off on Saturday, June 11 at the Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, La., and roll through seven cities over the course of seven days.
Following the kick-off event in Baton Rouge on June 11, additional Power Tour stops will include:
- Sunday, June 12: Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, TX
- Monday, June 13: Circuit of the Americas in Austin, TX
- Tuesday, June 14: Traders Village in Grand Prairie, TX
- Wednesday, June 15: Remington Park in Oklahoma City, OK
- Thursday, June 16: Kansas Pavilions in Wichita, KS
- FINALE EVENT on Friday, June 17: Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS.*A private ceremony for Long Haulers only will be held on Friday, June 17 in the late afternoon.
Special Features and Highlights
The 22nd annual HOT ROD Power Tour will feature:
- At each stop, a colorful midway of mobile display rigs from more than 50 performance manufacturers and aftermarket specialists– view the latest innovations and get expert advice
- Autograph sessions with motorsports celebrities
- Entertainment, celebrities, games, and dozens of giveaways daily on the main stage
- Drag Strip Fun Runs (select locations)
- Autocross (select locations)
- First ever Hot Rod Power Tour Automotive Swap Meet
- Plus much more!
The HOT ROD Power Tour brings significant impact to the economies of each of its tour stops. Hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, and bars will play host to tour participants who are relaxed and enjoying the lifestyle of the ultimate hot rodding journey. The HOT ROD Power Tour annually attracts participants from around the world who plan for months or even years to make the trip, and they come prepared to make each stop a memorable experience.
Participant and Spectator Information – Be Part of a Legendary Event!
Participants may register a vehicle for just one day or the entire event. Vehicle registration is open to any year, make, or model. Pre-registration is available now through May 31, 2016 online at https://www.raceit.com/Register/?event=35468.
Pricing is as follows:
- Multi-day pre-registration: $99/Multi-day on-site registration: $125 Includes vehicle entry at all venues, two credentials and one goody bag.
- Single day pre-registration: $45/Single-day on-site registration: $55 Includes vehicle entry at one venue and special gift.
The HOT ROD Power Tour is also open to spectators so come out and witness the spectacle.
For more information, follow the HOT ROD Power Tour at http://www.hotrod.com, Facebook: facebook.com/hotrodmag, Twitter: twitter.com/hotrodmagazine, email powertour(at)hotrod(dot)com, or call 310-363-4231.
For vendor booth Information, contact Martha Carrasco at 949-705-3135.
About HOT ROD
HOT ROD has been the most recognized brand in the world of high-performance cars since the iconic American magazine was founded in 1948. Today, the authoritative HOT ROD media footprint connects with more than 5 million individuals per month. The HOT ROD Network includes CAR CRAFT, CIRCLE TRACK, CLASSIC TRUCKS, ENGINE MASTERS, HOT ROD, HOT ROD DELUXE, MOPAR MUSCLE, MUSCLE CAR REVIEW, and STREET RODDER print and digital magazines; HOTROD.com; the two largest events of their kind, HOT ROD Power Tour and HOT ROD Drag Week; plus two monthly YouTube shows, ROADKILL (averaging 1-million-plus views per episode), and the new HOT ROD Garage.
About TEN: The Enthusiast Network
TEN: The Enthusiast Network is the world’s premier network of enthusiast brands, such as MOTOR TREND, AUTOMOBILE, HOT ROD, SURFER, TRANSWORLD, and GRINDTV. With more than 50 publications, 60 websites, 50 events, 1,000 branded products, the world’s largest automotive VOD channel, and the world’s largest action/adventure sports media platform, TEN inspires enthusiasts to pursue their passions. For more information, visit http://www.enthusiastnetwork.com.