Orlando, FL (PRWEB) February 25, 2016
Jostens, the leading provider of publications, jewelry and consumer goods serving the K-12 and college market, and The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) today announced a new multi-year strategic partnership agreement to expand support of school leaders through recognition and leadership development. Through the strategic partnership, Jostens will continue to broaden and deepen the support and resources for several of NASSP’s key initiatives and programs to promote excellence in principal and student development, recognition and leadership.
“For over 25 years, Jostens has partnered with educators to renew school climate and culture. We are thrilled to partner with NASSP in a shared mission to provide support and resources for several key initiatives and programs that support school leaders,” said Murad Velani, chief operating officer, Jostens. “Through Jostens Renaissance Education resources, school leaders will have access to renowned speakers, technologies for community engagement and research and curriculum to promote positive school climate and culture.”
“School leaders know that school success is built on a foundation of a positive climate and culture,” said Michael Allison, president, NASSP. “Jostens has a long history of supporting school leaders as they foster that culture, and we’re excited to partner with a company that shares NASSP’s vision of great leaders in every school committed to the success of each student.”
Specific elements of the expanded partnership include:
- Jostens support of NASSP’s Principal of the Year Program for K-12 principals. As the Storyteller of Champions™, Jostens will support the celebration of award-winning principals, similar to how the company recognizes championship performance in sports, by creating customized rings and awards for recognized principals at the state and national level.
- Jostens support for NASSP Principal of the Year state winners to participate in the McKinsey Management Program for School Leaders program, providing principals with the dynamic executive leadership training needed to lead schools in today’s climate.
- Jostens expanded support of NASSP’s student leadership efforts. Jostens will provide nationally renowned speakers and integrated content from its Renaissance Education program to NASSP’s LEAD Conferences, which attract close to 1,000 young people at each of the three regional events. These conferences offer leadership skills development for students and advisers in the National Honor Society, the National Junior Honor Society and the National Association of Student Councils.
- Increased content and communication collaboration between NASSP and Jostens Renaissance Education programs to co-develop climate and culture curricula and measurement tools.
- Principal and student honor societies support and participation in Jostens Renaissance Back-to-School Harbor Tours and Jostens Renaissance National Conference.
Jostens is a trusted partner in the academic and achievement channel, providing products, programs and services that help its customers celebrate moments that matter. The company's products include yearbooks, publications, jewelry and consumer goods that serve the K-12 educational, college and professional sports segments. Founded in 1897 and based in Minneapolis, Minn., Jostens is a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation and can be found online at http://www.jostens.com.
The National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) is the leading organization of and voice for middle level and high school principals, assistant principals, and school leaders from across the United States and 35 countries around the world. The association connects and engages school leaders through advocacy, research, education, and student programs. NASSP advocates on behalf of all school leaders to ensure the success of each student and strengthens school leadership practices through the design and delivery of high quality professional learning experiences. Reflecting its long-standing commitment to student leadership development, NASSP administers the National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, National Elementary Honor Society, and National Association of Student Councils. For more information about NASSP, located in Reston, VA, visit http://www.nassp.org.