Florence, KY (PRWEB) March 14, 2016
Balluff’s state-of-the-art, industry leading line of capacitive sensors newest member is the Advanced SMARTLEVEL. This sensor combines standard capacitive sensing technology and the patented SMARTLEVEL technology enabling the ability to sense solids and highly conductive acids and bases with the utmost reliability.
The Balluff Advanced SMARTLEVEL is housed in 316 stainless steel for the most aggressive environments. The PEEK sensing nose will provide protection against sticky and adhesive materials. This combination of housing materials gives the sensor an IP69 rating and is suitable for use in autoclaves for one hour. When used with the proper mounting accessories the sensor can be used in hygienic applications. Integration into control systems is fast and flexible with either discrete outputs or with IO-Link communication. Teaching the Advanced SMARTLEVEL without IO-Link is easy with the remote teach-in connection or with parametrization through IO-Link.
The Advanced SMARTLEVEL is ideal for level detection applications involving liquids, powders, granulates, paste like medias, such as grease, cleaning fluids, and acids and bases.
Features / Benefits
- Balluff’s patented SMARTLEVEL technology
- IO-Link or discrete output versions
- Detects conductive fluids, solids and granulates
- 316 stainless steel and PEEK housing
- Remote teach via white wire
- Excellent foam and deposit compensation
- Suitable for use in autoclaves
- IP68 / IP69K
- Can be installed in plastic or metal tanks
Advantages of SMARTLEVEL
- Ignores foaming, filming or material buildup preventing false triggers
- Reliably detects highly conductive acids and bases up to 100mS/cm
- Helps eliminate unnecessary cleaning due to filming or material clinging to the sensing face
- Adjustment free after initial setup
Learn more about Balluff's complete Capacitive Sensor Line: http://www.balluff.us/capacitive
Download the high resolution photo on Flickr.