Portland, Maine (PRWEB) March 18, 2016
Commercial UAV Expo has announced a Call for Speakers for its second annual event, to be held October 31 – November 2, 2016 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. More than 1,500 precision measurement professionals in key target industries attended last year’s inaugural event. The deadline for abstract submission is April 15, 2016.
Commercial UAV Expo is a conference and exhibition focused on integrating and expanding UAV/UAS for large enterprise and industrial use among owners in select market segments including: Process, Power & Utilities; Construction; Civil Infrastructure; Surveying and Mapping; Mining & Aggregates; Precision Agriculture; and Law Enforcement/Emergency Response/Search & Rescue. Content includes systems selection, workflow integration, data management, legal and regulatory considerations, outsourcing versus insourcing, safety and training issues, deliverables and more.
Abstracts are invited detailing case studies and addressing best practices including lessons learned and challenges remaining for key topic areas, particularly use case presentations of UAV/UAS solutions for:
- Process/power/utilities inspection: pipeline, cell tower, transmission line, asset management, planning
- Infrastructure design, construction and inspection: roads, bridges, tunnels, facilities
- Construction: progress on a jobsite, innovative uses of UAV/UAS for precision measurement
- Mining applications: volumetric measurement, stockpile management, risk mitigation
- Asset management case studies: using UAV/UAS for documentation and management of physical assets
- Environmental Monitoring: case studies of UAV/UAS for environmental projects
- Surveying & Mapping: case studies of UAV/UAS for survey and mapping projects
- Precision Agriculture applications: case studies of UAV/UAS for agriculture, farming
- Law enforcement, Security, Emergency Response: case studies of UAV/UAS integration for first responders, to address security concerns
- Regulatory landscape updates: FAA, regulatory initiatives, current regulatory structure
- Safety, legal, liability and insurance considerations: opportunities to field test within legal framework, risk mitigation, safety and training
- Planning for UAV/UAS integration with existing workflows
- Data fusion: Integrating UAV/UAS with other precision measurement systems and data capture methods
- University/Industry Collaboration: developments and opportunities
Please note: Presentations must be original and not a repeat of a presentation given at another conference. Commercial presentations will not be considered for the main program.
Preference will be given to presentations delivered by asset owners. Vendors are encouraged to nominate asset owner customers. Product presentations will not be selected for main program (but are available to exhibiting companies in the product preview section of the conference program.) The Commercial UAV Expo Advisory Board will vet all abstracts. Presenters will be notified by June, 2016.
About Commercial UAV Expo
Commercial UAV Expo is a conference and exhibition exclusively focused on the commercial sUAS (small Unmanned Aerial Systems) market in North America covering industries including Surveying & Mapping; Civil Infrastructure; Aggregates & Mining; Construction; Process, Power & Utilities; Precision Agriculture; Law Enforcement, Emergency Response and Search & Rescue (SAR). Commercial UAV Expo will take place October 31-November 2,2016 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Inquiries are welcome. Prospective exhibitors may inquire here. Prospective attendees may inquire here.
Commercial UAV Expo is organized by Diversified Communications, a leading organizer of conferences and trade shows with 15 years in the geospatial arena, including SPAR 3D Expo & Conference and International LiDAR Mapping Forum.
For more information, contact:
Lisa Murray, Director